Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spotter doesn't work after driver swap

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    having spent a couple of hours rummaging through this trace and I'm still not sure what we can do here. I see some changes in the data that might be the result of a driver swap, but it's all a bit fuzzy to be honest. I have to wonder if the game is sending usable data in these scenarios.

Did you stop and restart the session at any point? I would be helpful to have a very precise script of actions - e.g. 2 players and no AI, 1 practice session. Player 1 exits pit and does a lap while player 2 spectates. Player 1 pits at the end of this lap and player 2 takes over. He does a lap and pits and hands over to player 1 again, who then does a lap.

We don't need AI car data here - we just need player data to understand what the game is sending. There are a few variables that can be affected by driver swaps and it's hard to untangle them from the noise unless there's a very specific and well known set of events taking place

Okay I did join a server with about 15 AI drivers. I done this to show the spotter worked before the driver swap. I also never closed CrewChief during the time I left the server as the driver and then rejoined as a spectator ready to take over.

When I get the chance I can try again with no AI. I will join the server as the driver. Wait for my friend to join as a spectator. I will then drive out of the pits and my friend will then press his button to ride with me. I will then request a pit stop and select my friend and drive into the pits. My friend will then take over and drive out of the pits. He will drive slowly to allow me the time to rejoin as a spectator and ride with him so he can then go straight to the pits and allow me to take over again. I will then take over the car and drive out and do one lap and drive straight back to the pits and end the session and close CrewChief.

I hope the above will make the file less noisy for you.

that would be great, thankyou.

Just to clarify, is it only the spotter that stops working here? Do you still here other messages?

It's just the spotter that doesn't work. Other messages work fine.

Still not got around to testing with no AI guys but have posted about this over at Studio-397 forums here and someone pointed me to this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by TOCA2FREAK View Post
    Still not got around to testing with no AI guys but have posted about this over at Studio-397 forums here and someone pointed me to this thread.
    We are aware of this thread and of the link Lazza linked, but that is not enough to figure solution out. Please provide a shorter single session trace as Jim suggested, so that we can decode exact sequence of events better. Also, I think it will be helpful to include a few AIs in a race, but not 15.

OK, today's release includes a workaround submitted by kcr55 for this issue. It would be good if you could confirm whether this works

Quote Originally Posted by mr_belowski View Post
    OK, today's release includes a workaround submitted by kcr55 for this issue. It would be good if you could confirm whether this works
    Good to hear. I am unable to test if this works as my rig is out of order presently. Will have to wait until I receive a new part before I can test this. Good work though guys

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12