Thread: Corner names

Corner names

I am playing project cars 2, tried the "read corner names" command, the command is recognised but I am not hearing the guy say any corner names. Any one know what could be the cause?

Thanks in advance.

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    this depends on the track. Some tracks have corner name recording and some don't. Also, not all layouts have the names - for example, Silverstone GP and National layouts should have them but the International layout might not.

Project Cars 2 also has some broken data coming from the game - some of the track names are corrupted in the shared memory data so Crew Chief can't read them.

Basically, it works only on some tracks

Thanks for that mate, I was trying it on Laguna Seca, but come to think of it i did not try this feature on others, i had just assumed it was broken. Will give it a try on some other tracks later today.

Hope SMS get the data fixed! Being able to put a name to a corner would be very nice for the learning of tracks!

Don't suppose you know of the top of your head if it works on Nurburgring? That would be ace!

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    Laguna Seca is one of the PCars2 tracks with a corrupted track name in the shared memory, so if they every fix this it should start working.

Nurburgring GP: yes, Nords: No. I did start the process of mapping the corner names for Nords but gave up half way through - I will finish it one day though

Quote Originally Posted by mr_belowski View Post
    Laguna Seca is one of the PCars2 tracks with a corrupted track name in the shared memory, so if they every fix this it should start working.

Nurburgring GP: yes, Nords: No. I did start the process of mapping the corner names for Nords but gave up half way through - I will finish it one day though
    If I'm not mistaken, Nords is still without corner names. (They should be in trackLandsmarkData.json, right?) There are so many nerds (meant as compliment) out there, that I wonder why nobody created the data in the meantime? Are there some specific difficulties with corner names for Nords (separate from the many different layouts) or is it so, that just nobody has started gathering the data until today?
    Last edited by phaaser; 07-02-2023 at 21:36.