Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: How to collect track Corner Data

CrewChief was missing iRacing "spa combined" corner mapping, so I spent a couple hours making one.
    See Attached. Hopefully it can get added into CrewChief. Thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    super, will be added to the next release. As we have no recording for "schikane" I've changed this to "the chicane" for now

Thanks. I was actually looking for "chicane" in the "corners" audio files, and didn't find it, but I did find "schikane" and it worked per my testing. If you're sure you can't use that, then "the_chicane" would be okay, even thought the turn actually is called "Chicane" [ie: not the generic "the chicane"]

I made this iRacing "limerock 2019 classic" corner mapping. See attached.
    Can you please add it into CrewChief? Thanks.

I made this iRacing "hockenheim gp" corner mapping. See attached.
    Can you please add it into CrewChief? Thanks.

thanks Jacob, that's in the latest release

Thanks! Can you please explain these 2 terms, and maybe include the explanation in the first post? At Spa Combined, sometimes there would be calls of cars in wrecks when really they were just entering pits or exiting pits... and I'm curious if these terms would have helped. Thanks again.
    - iracingPitEntranceDistanceRoundTrack
    - pitApproachPoint

The first one - iracingPitEntranceDistanceRoundTrack is used on oval tracks to check for when pace car enters the actual pit lane as there sometimes is a bug in the data send from iracing. and only has effect on FCY.
    The other i think is used for other games that dont define approaching pits(the white line before pit entrance) if i'm not mistaken

I'm trying to improve an existing mapping.
    Is there any way to have "Read corner names" use my new mappings (in Documents\CrewChiefV4\track_landmarks\IRACING\) to help me test my new mappings?
    It seems like it uses the existing mapping, and makes it impossible to know if my corners are correct.

Heck, it even seems like I can't even use my own replacement mappings at all. It just uses the baked in ones every single time.

Am I doing something wrong? Shouldn't it use my replacement mappings?
    Last edited by Jacob Klein; 27-04-2021 at 01:06.

It's a *long* time since i was in this code but looking at it again, I think it's a bug. The app loads the default track landmarks file then loads any user-created landmark files and adds the user created stuff to the end of the list of landmark data. When the app looks up landmarks for a given track, it iterates through this list of landmark data and pulls out the first one it finds.

The solution is to insert the user created landmarks to the start of the list, not the end of the list.

I'll fix it, thanks for testing all this stuff

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast