Thread: PnG heel and toe

PnG heel and toe

Hi there,

I recently installed PnG with CC and HQpatch, all run smoothly. One thing I noticed using manual gearbox (Logitech Shifter) is the throttle response during heel and tow when downshifting. I mean, if the car is rolling in neutral and I blip the throttle (not fully) I have a quick response back. If I do the same when downshifting with clutch engaged, I do need to go with the throttle all the way down, not having the same response. I was wondering if it is because of the values I use in the CC plugin for H pattern or if it could depend from a value in my PLR file. Any suggestion?

Thank You

Ps: I want to thank all the people involved in this project, really enjoying the driving experience

Quote Originally Posted by Marco85 View Post
    Hi there,

I recently installed PnG with CC and HQpatch, all run smoothly. One thing I noticed using manual gearbox (Logitech Shifter) is the throttle response during heel and tow when downshifting. I mean, if the car is rolling in neutral and I blip the throttle (not fully) I have a quick response back. If I do the same when downshifting with clutch engaged, I do need to go with the throttle all the way down, not having the same response. I was wondering if it is because of the values I use in the CC plugin for H pattern or if it could depend from a value in my PLR file. Any suggestion?

Thank You

Ps: I want to thank all the people involved in this project, really enjoying the driving experience
    Glad to hear you're enjoying the beast. Unfortunately, I would not know - AFAIK the only thing in PLR file is that H-shifted manual is designed for "Hold button to shift" - that is it won't work as it should with sequential/paddles. And of course, "auto clutch" off. My guess what you are describing may depend on the vehicle physics itself, but I do not remember where it is off the top of my mind. In case you want upshifts and downshifts to be equally forgiving, make sure gearboxHShiftedUpshiftRevMatchToleranceFactor and gearboxHShiftedDownshiftRevMatchToleranceFactor are set to equal values. I vaguelly remember that is not, ahem, "realistic" though (I use 2.0 and 1.0 accordingly).

Plugin does not interfere with throttle, and does not apply clutch for you. All it does is measures how well engine RPMs are matched to the output and kicks you into neutral/applies damage. That's a compromise because there are no widely available FFB H-Shifters that will refuse shifting in or out on mismatch. Please don't ask me for more details because it is all embarassing voodoo I am having a lot of laugh implementing and plus my brain is so overloaded that I forget everything I do after 2 weeks.