Thread: GTR2 crashes when combining Power & Glory + Le Mans Classics Cars + Crewchief

GTR2 crashes when combining Power & Glory + Le Mans Classics Cars + Crewchief

Hello,

Wondering if I can get some assistance with an issue I'm experiencing with a car set mod for GTR2+Power & Glory.

I'm combining GTR2 (steam) + Power & Glory Mod + GTR2 HQ 16th Anniversary Patches + Crewchief.
    I don't use VR.
    Followed your install instructions manual for GTR2 and have no issues to report. It's works very well.

However, when I install the Le Mans Classics Cars mod, GTR2 will crash when I proceed to the training or race screen.
    After trying a few setup combinations I've narrowed down the cause to this d3d9.dll file in the GTR2 folder which is installed by Crewshief.

I tried to include the link for the dmp file and where the MOD can be downloaded but the forum won't let me because I've never posted before.

Thanks in advance if you can help,
    MF
    Last edited by bbb747; 08-02-2023 at 04:09.

You will need 3 posts or so to post links, but you can just spam this thread with a few posts and then you should be able to post your link.

here are the links I mentioned on my previous post

The dmp file for the latest GTR2 crash is
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuXRGZl1kh1eoh08...3iVwV?e=XnnMs3

The mod v1.1 from the author's web site.
    https://simgarage.nolimit.cz/rubriky...ower-and-glory

There is a also a v1.3 with which includes a couple of fixes on festbierbude
    http://www.festbierbude.de/component...mid,1/lang,en/
    Last edited by bbb747; 08-02-2023 at 15:07.

xx
    Last edited by bbb747; 08-02-2023 at 15:04.

xx

xx

Try disabling the memory optimizations in CrewChief.ini. Set enableMemoryUsageOptimizations to = 0.

Please note that some cars/tracks will need to be adjusted to work on Steam gtr2.exe I know that some SSTR/SRPL shaders are not compatible with Steam .exe (but 99% of cars do work, I actually never hit one that does not). Also, couple of tracks do not work on Steam .exe because they were authored for DVD version and never tested on Steam.

Your suggestion resolved the issue.
    Thank you so much for the quick response.
    You guys are the best!

Quote Originally Posted by bbb747 View Post
    Your suggestion resolved the issue.
    Thank you so much for the quick response.
    You guys are the best!
    Ha! Thanks for letting me know. I tested memory optimization settings for one year before enabling it on by default, I found no issues in content I use and decided to turn it on by default. Thanks for letting me know about this issue and that fix worked - I might check why this mod crashes. My guess there's something in car dashboard that is done very differently from other mods and it crashes the optimization.