Thread: Sound problem

Sound problem

Hi all, I tried the CrewChief for iRacing. I'm very happy with this app. I have only one problem. When the spotter tells me for example ''car inside'', the sound of the engine becomes much muffled. After that it goes back. Is there no way to turn off this engine sound interruption?

I'm having the same problem, have been for years. I've tried selecting "Do Nothing" under the Sound options Communications tab, I've turned off sound attenuation on Discord, I've turned off any programs that seem like they might be controlling the audio output. I've even reached out to iRacing and while they're trying to help, it doesn't seem like they have any idea either.

It strikes me as an example of Windows engineers trying to be too clever, and it's driving me insane.

Try this as well and see if it helps https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare...ound-settings/

I think I fixed the issue.

The exclusive modes were already disabled, so that wasn't it. I posted the same request on Windows' community tech support forum and along with your suggestion, they recommended unchecking the "Enable audio enhancements" box. So I unchecked that, re-started my computer and loaded up iRacing, and the problem was gone. To confirm that was the issue, I again re-started my computer, re-checked the "Enable audio enhancements" box and tested it again. This time the Crew Chief audio wouldn't work at all. I went back and forth checking and unchecking the box, re-starting my computer once, and it was consistent that Crew Chief audio would not work with the box checked. I'm not sure if that was somehow the issue But I have another theory.

Last night I did a few races without Crew Chief, re-enabling iRacing's default spotter. Today when I tried to test Crew Chief after unchecking the "Enable audio enhancements" the sound muffling was gone. So I think possibly re-enabling iRacing's default spotter reset everything. Either that or Crew Chief's audio somehow got crossed up with the audio enhancements setting and my fiddling with it sorted it out. I don't know enough about computers to know which or if either of them are even possible. But if anyone else is having the same problem I suggest trying both.