I am having difficulty getting anything other than garbage out of the force feedback. My wheel is a Logitech MOMO that is confirmed to be in perfect working order with other applications. All I can feel in any car is massive damping when my front wheels' slip angle exceeds a small amount. There is no usable sensation of where the front wheels are pointing relative to velocity, which makes dealing with oversteer difficult.

I switched to rFactor 2 from Project Cars 2, which has excellent force feedback and aligning torque sensation. I know my wheel can function well, but it needs to receive the right signals from the game. Clearly, rFactor 2 is sending some wonky signals.

I edited controller.json and achieved very little, the feel is still crap. I don't understand all the parameters in the file and I can't find a guide. Using the built-in profile for my wheel changes nothing. The in-game force feedback strength setting behaves oddly. 10% to 100% feels the same. I only feel a difference if I reduce it below 10%. This makes me suspect that the signal is being severely clipped before it reaches my wheel. My wheel is nowhere close to maxxing its servo so it's not a mechanical deficiency.

The line graphs illustrate what the vanilla FFB feels like and what I want it to feel like. My parameters in Project Cars 2 produce a feel identical to the Desired Feel graph. I would appreciate any guidance on how to achieve the Desired Feel. I don't want to refund this game because I can't decipher the settings, but it's currently unplayable.

Name:  waoAe1G.png
Views: 476
Size:  10.6 KB

Name:  MdtqW7L.png
Views: 471
Size:  12.1 KB

Name:  tire-forces-and-moments-6-638.jpg
Views: 484
Size:  28.9 KB