Thread: Open Composite error

Question Open Composite error

Hi,

I am getting an open composite error and a box that is informing me that CC needs some files I click on the location but, I am stuck in an endless loop of acknowledging the message and the APP shutting down. If I acknowledge the message the app closes but if I don't acknowledge the message I can do anything within the app until i acknowledge. Please help I have uninstalled clear all files from history and cache and it make no difference at this point this is a waste of my time.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyHighFlyer View Post
    Hi,

I am getting an open composite error and a box that is informing me that CC needs some files I click on the location but, I am stuck in an endless loop of acknowledging the message and the APP shutting down. If I acknowledge the message the app closes but if I don't acknowledge the message I can do anything within the app until i acknowledge. Please help I have uninstalled clear all files from history and cache and it make no difference at this point this is a waste of my time.
    did you find a fix for this.? I'm having same thing happen if i close the box it starts crew chief up still just annoying.

Yeah, I also want to know how to get CC to work with Open Composite, does anyone know?

I don't use VR overlays or anything but Crew Chief works fine with Open Composite. Perhaps you mean this message?
    Name:  CCplugin.jpg
Views: 629
Size:  22.7 KB

That's CC trying to install the plugin it needs for the game you've selected.

I have the same problem . I get the dll.main error in the settings. If I move the mouse to the yellow marked font then the message appears and CC goes to.
    so only with the mouse on the text. Not checking the box or the button below.

It is absolutely reproducible. Since I only get this message (with error 6 at the end) if I start SteamVR and Steam VR also exists here, I think the error comes from there and not from CC itself.

But I would still be very grateful for help

Name:  Screenshot 2023-08-27 105753.jpg
Views: 603
Size:  92.0 KB
    Last edited by Michael Kramer; 27-08-2023 at 09:08.

Quote Originally Posted by Seven Smiles View Post
    I don't use VR overlays or anything but Crew Chief works fine with Open Composite. Perhaps you mean this message?
    Name:  CCplugin.jpg
Views: 629
Size:  22.7 KB

That's CC trying to install the plugin it needs for the game you've selected.
    No I mean this error: