Thread: Is this project no longer active?

Is this project no longer active?

There has been a serios bug, months old, that has not been resolved. CC is no longer usable. I did fresh windows install and still have the same issue. Jim stops talking, no spotter, only background noise. After a few laps, Jim and spotter play a queued message then works again for a while. This repeats throughout the entire race. I have submitted logs and debug.

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    submitted where? This is your first post here

TBH it sounds like an audio driver bug. If you've reinstalled Windows and it behaves the same way, what else can it be? There are thousands of other users (myself included) who don't have this issue

I am using the same headset / drivers for over a year. The issue occurred after the last update.
    I have a different version of BT headset / drivers I will try to rule this out.

I tried an alternate BT headset, different make and model, and had the same issue.
    Just to make sure, I ran CC through the speakers, same thing.
    3 different audio devices exhibit the same problem. CC is unusable like this.

Try this link... https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqrSldu6QZBZhdkW...bbbyA?e=7DcPIJ

This is like my 3rd account. For some reason there were several password failures in a row. I have had an account under another username for several years.

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    the log files you've linked to show a load of audio device initialisation errors and then many audio device re-indexing warnings. I can't tell what's causing them, but ensure that you don't change audio devices (plugging / unplugging stuff, selecting different default playback device, etc) after CC has been launched - get the audio stuff all sorted first.

It's also worth unchecking the "Use nAudio playback" option in the properties screen

Thank you sir, I will give that a try.

I have a lot of audio devices because I run 8 tactical transducers for vibration. The default audio device is the actual iRacing sound. I manually select the headset for CC and background noise. Should I do that differently?

I uncheck nAudio, made the headset the default audio device, same issue. Jim and spotter stop working and I hear background noise only.