Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Pace notes

There was an early comment in this thread that had misinterpreted the feature thinking that the notes were read back in another voice (maybe the voice pack voice?)... I started thinking... how hard would it be to run the .wav files through Windows speech recognition and transcribe them - and then have the voice pack generate the script in the crew chief's voice at the appropriate time...

is there a way to make it so i can have multiple sets of pace notes for one track? For instance, i'm working on Nurburgring and I run that track with several different car types. I know that I can specify the car class, but if i want a 2nd car class metadata.json, is that possible?

This should already be the default behavior, so yes you can

Quote Originally Posted by Sparten View Post
    This should already be the default behavior, so yes you can
    I'm confused on how to get that to work because everytime I start recording again, it sets the metadata.json to metadata.old and creates a new metadata.json. Hope I'm making sense.

If it gets put into "UNKNOWN_RACE" then its cause the carclass is not defined, more on that here https://thecrewchief.org/showthread....ng-Car-Classes, its the only reason i can think of why it would fail.

Sadly, I cannot make this feature work.

I have configured "Voice recognition mode" to "Hold button" and assigned a button to "Start / stop recording pace notes".
    Driving around the track, I hear the confirmation message after pressing the "Start / stop recording pace notes" button.
    I then record various pace notes: I can hear audio feedback (sounds like a short static burst) when I start and stop recording, and I can see the recorded wave files in the expected location: [documents]\CrewChiefV4\pace_notes\IRACING\SPEC_MIATA\oulton fosters

Now the trouble starts: I cannot stop recording the pace notes. Nothing happens when I press the "Start / stop recording pace notes" button.

I saw this entry in the log:
    14:39:47.159 : PlaybackModerator: Sound C:\Users\bob\AppData\Local\CrewChiefV4\sounds\voic e\pace_notes\recording_ended\2.wav rejected because we're in the middle of a voice command. waitingForSpeech:False holdModeTalkingToChief:True

which may or may not have anything to do with the problem.

The metadata.json file looks initialized, but doesn't have any entries:
    {
    "description": "",
    "gameEnumName": "IRACING",
    "carClassName": "SPEC_MIATA",
    "trackName": "oulton fosters",
    "welcomeMessage": null,
    "entries": []
    }

I have saved the entire log file and can send it to your for troubleshooting purposes if you think that would help.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345