Thread: Sound out of Two Devices

Sound out of Two Devices

So I am driving in AMS2 when using CrewChief, and I sometimes switch from my PC and its connected speaker, to VR.

CrewChief happily switches default device inline with the PC as can be seen under the, Messages and Background Playback Devices selection dropdown. So if I switch from PC to VR headset I can see in CrewChief that it is changing to the headset speaker. Once in game though, some sound comes out of the previous PC speaker and the VR headset. So, one can get cut off mid sentence and come out of the other. The resolution right now is to disable the previous speaker (my PC speaker) from within windows sound settings. Then the sound only comes out of the VR headset.

This is of course quite an inconvenience, so I am putting this out there in case anyone else has a similar issue, or understands what is going on. I hope this is a simple thing to fix.

Thanks.

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    the app is supposed to clear out all its cached sounds when the audio device list changes (which is triggered when you enable SteamVR). So this isn't quite working as intended - for the time being you'll need to ensure SteamVR is running before starting CC.

There's a change to the device re-initialisation logic in the pipeline so there *might* be a fix for this coming soon. If it's something you encounter regularly and you'd like to help us out, I can provide a CC beta build with these changes for you to test