Thread: Temperature warnings incorrect for Nascar in iRacing?

Temperature warnings incorrect for Nascar in iRacing?

I posted the below message a few days ago, in both General and PC issues forums, but no replies yet, can you help?
    Hi, Hoping you can help with the carclass.json file mods. CrewChief calls out temperature warnings at much too low temps for Nascar races in iRacing, so I modified the carclass.json file (in Documents\Crewchiekv4 folder) to fix that, but it is not working. I have attached the modified file for viewing, I simply copied the original file and added the new car classes to the beginning of the new file.
    I hope some of you folks can tell me what I am doing wrong for this issue.

Thanks, Rooster09
    Attached Files Attached Files

I cant see anything wrong with that file. please post a crew chief console log from a race with list file in the documents folder.

Thanks for the reply Sparten, attached is the file I think you are referring to....
    Let me know if you need any other logs\files, and Thanks for the help!!

Try this one,

Hi Sparten,
    That didn't work either, unless I'm doing something else wrong with this procedure. I replaced the current section of the json file where I had my entry for Xfinity cars with the code you sent and it didn't work. I also just used the code you sent, saved that as the json file in the documents\crewchief4 folder, and that didn't work either. Not sure what to try next.........?

Regards, Rooster09

I have a file that is set up for the Next gen, Xfinity, Trucks, as well as the GT3 cars . I will take a look at the one Sparten shared compared to mine (Which is one he made for me awhile back) I just fine tuned the temps as well as added the Car Ids when they updated the cars to see if mine may be different, if so I will share mine as I know it works and all my teammates use it

Oh ya mine is quite a bit different I will zip it and share it

Here try this one the Next Gen, Xfinity, truck are all under the Pickup Cup Stockcar car Class Enum
    I uploaded mine to the C:\Users\*your name*\Documents\CrewChiefV4 folder
    Where *your Name* Is on mine it is my name I guess it could also be a nickname or computer name

Thanks James, I'll give it a try..... :-)