Thread: VR Overlays Get Stuck

VR Overlays Get Stuck

I've been using Race Lab overlays (relative and delta bar) in iRacing using Crew Chief and SteamVR. The overlays display in VR as they should, but they don't update without mouse input. I can see the overlays on the monitor, and the information in the overlays updates as it should, and I can see the time counting. In VR, the overlays get stuck and don't continuously update. I can tell most easily because the time doesn't count, when I move or click the mouse it will update with the newest information, and then it gets stuck again so they don't continuously update. It seems almost as if they are in edit mode, since I have to interact with them to get them to update, but there isn't a line above them and I don't leave the SteamVR overlay settings page open. I've been troubleshooting with Race Labs a bit, but since the overlays work fine on the monitor, I think it might be something with Crew Chief where it isn't updating the overlays through to VR.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Forgot to mention, using OpenXR for display. I was using OpenVR initially and I had the same issue before I switched, and SteamVR is the default OpenXR runtime.

Hello,i am having the same issue,have you managed to solve this?

No, I ended up just not using overlays. I tried getting support from the RaceLab discord but that didn’t work all that well for me, you might want to try that though.