Thread: Crew Chief unresponsive, uninstalled, reinstalled, get this error

Crew Chief unresponsive, uninstalled, reinstalled, get this error

Hi,
    Been a user of CC for years. Today CC became unresponsive even after restarts so I uninstalled and reinstalled using the download from this site.
    CC now fails to launch. I get this error:

Error message: Access to the path 'C:\Users\PC\Documents\CrewChiefV4\startupError.tx t' is denied.
    Stack trace: at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
    at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
    at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
    at System.IO.StreamWriter.CreateFile(String path, Boolean append, Boolean checkHost)
    at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean checkHost)
    at System.IO.File.InternalWriteAllText(String path, String contents, Encoding encoding, Boolean checkHost)
    at CrewChiefV4.MainWindow..ctor() in C:\projects\crewchief_c_sharp\CrewChiefV4\CrewChie fV4\UserInterface\MainWindow.cs:line 1153
    at CrewChiefV4.Program.Main() in C:\projects\crewchief_c_sharp\CrewChiefV4\CrewChie fV4\Program.cs:line 130

Thanks for any help.

OK, I've reinstalled again after several attempts and CC now seems to be loading okay, BUT a new instance of CC starts with every new race, and I get a little dialogue box asking which one I want to close. This is in Assetto Corsa.
    It says:

Crew Chief is already running
    Retry to close the other one
    Cancel to close this one

A new instance of CC starts every time I join the track. If I don't cancel each one I get multiple instances of Crew Chief all running at the same time in task manager.
    I have CC set to start immediately and start minimised on the task bar but NOT to be minimised in the tray.
    CC is only installed once on my PC.
    Any ideas please? It's really annoying.
    Last edited by Masscot; 12-04-2022 at 23:02.