Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Customizing Car Classes

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    Ahhh... I think I see the issue here. There's no carClass mapping at all for the RF2 Indycar, so the app assumes it's an 'unknown race car' and will give it iron race brakes with much lower operating temps. Like my esteemed friend said above, the fix here is to add the correct rf2ClassNames line, which means the app will use 'carbon' brake temp thresholds which are much much higher

Ok, I heard what you said and understand the correction.

The fact that the entry you are suggesting needs to be added was not there in the original program's carClassData.json: does that mean that because this is an update located in documents, that the --- "rf2ClassNames": [ "Indycar" ], ---- will have to re-added every time crewchief updates? It would seem appropriate that the base carClassData.json should have content aligning with the games and cars want to use crewchief with? If not, doesn't this all get confusing about which games and cars crewchief is setup for or not? Is this just an oversight?

Great add-on by the way!

The carClassData.json in Documents will not be overwritten.

This is not an oversight. This is intentional way of how users can customize car classes for moddable games, and make it so that CC understands them. For example, I do not have DW12 on my rF2 install, and I do not know which class name to add. There are other mods that require user to do the same (spotter has ini file where you need to specify vehicle class).

But much bigger issue, is that some mods use different class name for vehicles in the same series. So, even though we try to help this situation by creating class on the fly, there will be problem with such mods (CC will think it is multi class race, when it isn't). See how DTM is mapped to rF2 in the same file (many different vehicle names are mapped to single class in CC).

I do agree it is confusing, just by the amount of explaining I need to do and we probably could simplify it a bit. But, if you will provide me with car class name for rF2 DW12, I will gladly add it to CC, just let me know the vehicle class name.

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Wolf View Post
    The carClassData.json in Documents will not be overwritten.

This is not an oversight. This is intentional way of how users can customize car classes for moddable games, and make it so that CC understands them. For example, I do not have DW12 on my rF2 install, and I do not know which class name to add. There are other mods that require user to do the same (spotter has ini file where you need to specify vehicle class).

But much bigger issue, is that some mods use different class name for vehicles in the same series. So, even though we try to help this situation by creating class on the fly, there will be problem with such mods (CC will think it is multi class race, when it isn't). See how DTM is mapped to rF2 in the same file (many different vehicle names are mapped to single class in CC).

I do agree it is confusing, just by the amount of explaining I need to do and we probably could simplify it a bit. But, if you will provide me with car class name for rF2 DW12, I will gladly add it to CC, just let me know the vehicle class name.
    Thanks for your help. Sometimes stuff gets missed, sometimes you can't just know everything. That comment was only supposed to be question, not a judgement. I can provide the class name, I am not sure whether I understand where this place called "check Monitor in garage" actually is?

If you are talking about "class packages", the only reference to that I see is two. This class package info is located in the upgrades when you go into tuning: " Indycar_2014_Chevrolet " and " Indycar_2104_Honda ". Does that suggest that two entries are required to cover both? And does that mean two lines one for each car class in a data block or two separate blocks one for each car class variant? I guess it appears that you just add them to the block as a string?

It is all good, do not worry, this stuff is a bit confusing to me as well.

When you start a new session, and see Race button on the right hand side, and list of vehicles/drivers, what is car class name for DW12 cars? Is all same string, or different strings? Let me know if you're not sure still, I'll provide screenshot.

If mapping is working correctly, you will see "INDYCAR" as car class in Crew Chief console output.

It is all good, do not worry, this stuff is a bit confusing to me as well.

When you start a new session, and see Race button on the right hand side, and list of vehicles/drivers, what is car class name for DW12 cars? Is all same string, or different strings? Let me know if you're not sure still, I'll provide screenshot.

If mapping is working correctly, you will see "INDYCAR" as car class in Crew Chief console output.

There is no list of vehicles and drivers when the window I think you are referring too comes when direct connecting to multiplayer servers. It just says "Attempting to direct connect"

I did see this in the centre window box in crewchief:

20:24:41.741 : Player is using car class IndyCar_2014_Chevrolet at position 1

So I am assuming I did it correctly?

Ok, got it. Please, try this in your INDICAR class in Documents:
    "rf2ClassNames": [ "IndyCar_2014_Chevrolet", "Indycar_2104_Honda"],

After you start session, you should see Indycar_2104_Chevrolet mapped to INDYCAR class.

Ok, got it. Please, try this in your INDICAR class in Documents:
    "rf2ClassNames": [ "IndyCar_2014_Chevrolet", "Indycar_2104_Honda"],

After you start session, you should see Indycar_2104_Chevrolet mapped to INDYCAR class.
    When I use this block:

"carClassEnum": "INDYCAR",
    "raceroomClassIds": [ 5383 ],
    "pCarsClassNames": [ "Indycar" ],
    "rf2ClassNames": [ "Indycar_2014_Chevrolet", "Indycar_2104_Honda" ],
    "brakeType": "Carbon",
    "maxSafeWaterTemp": 105,
    "maxSafeOilTemp": 140,
    "maxColdBrakeTemp": 411,
    "maxWarmBrakeTemp": 675,
    "maxHotBrakeTemp": 1570

I see this:

22:23:26.873 : No landmarks defined for this track
    22:23:26.889 : New session, trigger data:
    22:23:26.891 : EventIndex 1
    22:23:26.892 : SessionType Practice
    22:23:26.894 : SessionPhase Garage
    22:23:26.895 : SessionIteration 0
    22:23:26.897 : HasMandatoryPitStop False
    22:23:26.898 : PitWindowStart 0
    22:23:26.900 : PitWindowEnd 0
    22:23:26.901 : NumCarsAtStartOfSession 1
    22:23:26.903 : SessionNumberOfLaps 0
    22:23:26.904 : SessionRunTime 9930
    22:23:26.905 : SessionStartPosition 1
    22:23:26.907 : SessionStartTime 2017-05-17 10:23:26 PM
    22:23:26.908 : TrackName Indianapolis -- Oval
    22:23:26.910 : Player is using car class IndyCar_2014_Chevrolet at position 1
    22:23:26.912 : New session
    22:23:26.914 : New session details...
    22:23:26.915 : SessionType Practice
    22:23:26.917 : EventIndex 1
    22:23:26.918 : SessionIteration 0
    22:23:26.920 : TrackName Indianapolis -- Oval
    22:23:26.921 : Clearing game state...
    22:23:26.943 : Using unmapped driver last name ??????? for raw driver name ??????????
    22:23:26.973 : ********** starting spotter***********

If this is what being mapped looks like then it must be mapped? I don't see any other mapping reference?

It looks from your post that you are doing everything right and that it should work correctly (but it does not), so it is possible something is broken. I'll install DW12 tomorrow and try to see what's going on, if you can, point me to content link please.

If you want to try something before that, you could backup and modify the file in CC install directory, and see if mapping works that way (by "works" I mean you should see vehicle class INDYCAR in CC output). To modify that file, you could copy it to your desktop, edit, and copy back to program files (windows will ask you for confirmation).

Thanks for patience here.

Ok, I know the problem:
    Car classes are case sensitive, (I knew this is wrong, but my lazy ass never got to it). Also, despite how awesome CC is, guy can't detect that typo 2104 means 2014

Correct string:
    "rf2ClassNames": [ "IndyCar_2014_Chevrolet", "IndyCar_2014_Honda" ],

Make sure in Documents, your override file is in folder CrewChiefV4.

Here's how output should look like:
    23:05:30.409 : New driver eddy waylon is using car class INDYCAR at position 2
    23:05:30.411 : New driver hunter shark is using car class INDYCAR at position 1
    23:05:30.412 : New driver takai shou is using car class INDYCAR at position 3

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast