Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: iracing no longer starting when I click start application

iracing no longer starting when I click start application

I've had no issues with crew chief in previous versions. I just upgraded to 4.16.1.1. Now when I hit start application it gives me the following error message:

18:39:21.188 : Attempting to run game using C:\Program Files (x86)\iRacing\ui\iRacingUI.exe
    18:39:21.188 : Exception starting game: Illegal characters in path.

I didn't change anything except update crew chief. Can someone tell me what to do to get this working again?

Not sure what is going on, but as a quick suggestion you can go to older version to see if it helps: https://thecrewchief.org/showthread....ull=1#post4846

Also getting the same error. Just installed today - everything else seems to be working fine. My exe path has spaces - I have tried putting the path in quotes and without quotes. Same error in both cases.

"D:\Program Files (x86)\iRacing\ui\iRacingUI.exe"
    D:\Program Files (x86)\iRacing\ui\iRacingUI.exe

Exclamation Solved with workaround - Looks like a possible bug in a recent release?

So, as a test, I created a shortcut that points to the above path - placed it in my C:\ directory and named it using alpha only, no spaces "ShortCutiRacingUI." I replaced the "iRacing launch .exe (text)" value with c:\ShortCutiRacingUI and this successfully launched the application. I suspect a recent release may have unknowingly introduced a bug where special characters (spaces or parentheses) are causing the code to choke.

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    Yeah, it's basically that. Arca requires the game exe to be launched from the correct directory so we added the change directory call. Unfortunately that call has slightly different rules regarding quotes and escape characters and it's tripped us up. It's an easy fix and will be released later today once I've had chance to gather feedback on the other changes that went in

AWESOME! Great and fast support/response!

it doesnt start any game anymore, not just iRacing. Hope to see an update soon!

Solved with latest update!! Thanks

ACC no longer launching after last update. Profile is pointing to correct steam.exe and app code appears correct. Not sure what to try adjust to get auto game launching again.

Log says illegal characters

Name:  applaunch.JPG
Views: 465
Size:  16.4 KB

Name:  applaunch1.JPG
Views: 436
Size:  20.3 KB
    Last edited by Flymo74; 23-02-2022 at 14:16. Reason: Fixed

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    we're aware of this and I have a fix waiting to be deployed, but I keep getting distracted extending and improving ACC support. Expect a release tomorrow

V4.16.1.2 released

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast