Hi guys.

Firstly, let me just express my immense appreciation to Iron Wolf and co for the amazing work you've done here. It is absolutely unreal to be playing GTR2 in VR! The core sim has held up extremely well and stands proudly among the best current gen sims, IMO. Playing it in VR is so immersive that the dated graphics are of little to no concern, and the pure thrill of the great racing that GTR2 still provides just goes to a whole new level being sat in the virtual seat. Incredible!

I have one issue that I can't figure out how to get working, and can't find a post about it being a known issue.

Whenever a ghost car becomes active, be that in Driving School or in Time Trial, the view goes completely black with only the 2D text showing. In TT for example, I can drive the first lap perfectly fine, but as soon as I cross the start line at the beginning of lap 2 and the ghost becomes active, the screen immediately goes black. In Driving School I can do the practice mode (where there's no ghost present) just fine, but as soon as I do "attempt", it just starts black. Also, once this happens, the rest of the game (on-track) is black. I have to quit the game and restart in order to fix it.

If I run the clean Steam game, it all works perfectly. As soon as I copy the CC files into my GTR2 drop folder, this happens. If I disable VR (either via cmd line or ini file) it still does the black screen thing. If I remove the CC plugin folder and the two root folder files (OpenVR and D3D9 ones) it works fine again.

I'm running on Windows 10, GTX 1080, Driver 511.65 (latest as of this post).