Thread: Adjust "General" Crew Chief Corner sensitivity for all corners?

Question Adjust "General" Crew Chief Corner sensitivity for all corners?

Hi guys,

first of all a huuuuge thanks for bringing this to Richard Burns Rally! I was taking a break from RBR but had seen this in your change log sometime ago and was keen on trying it once I get back to it. And here I am! So it works great and the voice is sooo much more clear than with other options. So thank you very much for that and I hope you keep up the development.

Now one thing I have directly however noticed is that the corner numbers are 1 higher than they used to be in the default co-pilot voice of RBR. Since I had in the beginning both on it had been pretty clear. Whenever original says 2, crew chief says 3; instead of 3 says 4 and instead of 5 says 6. I have also never heard it saying 1 or 2 at all and when it says 3 I had to adjust my skills to know that I have to brake at max capacity in order to make the corner...

Is there like a way to adjust this "sensitivity" for corner numbers? I don't want to correct every corner manually if all of them are higher by 1 digit, then it makes more sense for me to adapt myself which I for the most part have done, but I do feel that I do lack some accuracy if the numbers 2 and 1 are never used?

Quote Originally Posted by Arturas View Post
    Hi guys,

first of all a huuuuge thanks for bringing this to Richard Burns Rally! I was taking a break from RBR but had seen this in your change log sometime ago and was keen on trying it once I get back to it. And here I am! So it works great and the voice is sooo much more clear than with other options. So thank you very much for that and I hope you keep up the development.

Now one thing I have directly however noticed is that the corner numbers are 1 higher than they used to be in the default co-pilot voice of RBR. Since I had in the beginning both on it had been pretty clear. Whenever original says 2, crew chief says 3; instead of 3 says 4 and instead of 5 says 6. I have also never heard it saying 1 or 2 at all and when it says 3 I had to adjust my skills to know that I have to brake at max capacity in order to make the corner...

Is there like a way to adjust this "sensitivity" for corner numbers? I don't want to correct every corner manually if all of them are higher by 1 digit, then it makes more sense for me to adapt myself which I for the most part have done, but I do feel that I do lack some accuracy if the numbers 2 and 1 are never used?
    Hello - there's no way to adjust it via single setting, however, have a look at:
    "C:\Users\[your name]\AppData\Local\CrewChiefV4\sounds\voice\codriver\t erminologies.json"

Will allow you to remap callouts any way you want.
    Su Švent?m!

Also, make sure to read this post carefully: https://thecrewchief.org/showthread....ull=1#post7539
    And, see how alternative voices work: c:\Users\[name]\AppData\Local\CrewChiefV4\sounds\voice\codriver_J anne Laahanen\

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Wolf View Post
    Hello - there's no way to adjust it via single setting, however, have a look at:
    "C:\Users\[your name]\AppData\Local\CrewChiefV4\sounds\voice\codriver\t erminologies.json"

Will allow you to remap callouts any way you want.
    Su Švent?m!
    Thank you for the support. I can't say I completely understood how to do the remapping in the file, as it seems to be just a list, but not even an ordered one. So the only way I can think of is just copying the and renaming the voices to the directories next to this file. And yeah, I had roughly read that post before. Perhaps I'll have a look at this again some time later to see if I can figure out how to do that. But thanks already so far!

Ir Tave su pra?jusiom švent?m!

So I might be wrong because it has been a while since I created this mechanism and I forgot it all, but:

"corner_2_left": "corner_1_left",
    "corner_2_right": "corner_1_right",

What this means is that

"NUMBER_FIRST": {
    "terminology": {
    "corner_1_left": "corner_hairpin_left",
    "corner_1_right": "corner_hairpin_right",
    "corner_square_left": "corner_2_left",
    "corner_square_right": "corner_2_right"
    }
    },

that for Number First style, for Corner 2 coming from the game, we are using corner_1_left sound folder. If you change it to:

"corner_2_left": "corner_2_left",

it will use different sound folder. This file basically supposed to allow you to use any mapping between game corners and vocal folders you want. I hope it makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Wolf View Post
    So I might be wrong because it has been a while since I created this mechanism and I forgot it all, but:

What this means is that

"NUMBER_FIRST": {
    "terminology": {
    "corner_1_left": "corner_hairpin_left",
    "corner_1_right": "corner_hairpin_right",
    "corner_square_left": "corner_2_left",
    "corner_square_right": "corner_2_right"
    }
    },

that for Number First style, for Corner 2 coming from the game, we are using corner_1_left sound folder. If you change it to:

"corner_2_left": "corner_2_left",

it will use different sound folder. This file basically supposed to allow you to use any mapping between game corners and vocal folders you want. I hope it makes sense.
    Alright thanks, I think it's very clear now with this example. I'll see if I can create the mapping later this week - if it's gonna be good and I don't forget I can maybe upload the mapping here as an attachment, maybe it will be useful to others as well.

Yeah, during development I noticed that there are many conventions on how co-driver communicates, so the goal of this file is to give user complete freedom over terminology used, I hope it works for you.

Arturai, did you end up creating Lithuanian co-driver? (I believe we discussed that years ago). If so, share a video, I'd love to hear that.

Yeah, it's actually convenient as it allows flexibility.

Uuuh, that might have been another Arturas/Art?ras I'm afraid? ;D I can't recall planning to do that, I'm actually fresh here on the forums. But it does sound cool.