Thread: Updating CC

Updating CC

Hi All,

I haven't been able to update the last few updates. When i click the update box it comes up with the message, this installation package could not be opened. Contact the application vendor to verify that this is a windows installer package.

anyone any ideas what i have to do to be able to open it and do the update?

Thanks in advance.

Same updating issue

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Harris View Post
    Hi All,

I haven't been able to update the last few updates. When i click the update box it comes up with the message, this installation package could not be opened. Contact the application vendor to verify that this is a windows installer package.

anyone any ideas what i have to do to be able to open it and do the update?

Thanks in advance.
    I get the same message about contacting the vendor.....Mine worked well for many months then this. Could it be a windows firewall issue after a windows update? Haven't found anything yet.

Same Error for months being unable to update.

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    Ah the mysteries of the MSI installer cache

Usually (but not always) these sort of errors are the result of windows "cleaning" operations that have nuked the internal MSI installer cache. This quite a fragile system and the way CC is packaged and delivered really depends on it working properly. There are some guides out there on the web to fix these kind of issues. They're usually quite involved and technical but usually work.

Alternatively I keep a zipped up installation folder available here:

http://crewchief.isnais.de/CrewChiefV4.zip

download and unzip this over the top of your previous installation (usually in c:\Program Files (x86)\Britton IT Ltd\