Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: over the car

over the car

First of all, thank you for your great work. Now I could drive GTR2 in VR. In principle it works, unfortunately the menu is under me and I'm about 2 meters above the car.

I use a G2 with WMR and STEAMVR. Normally I can center the picture with Ctrl + Space.

Also centering in WMR before playing does not use anything.

What can I do?

Quote Originally Posted by Papifix View Post
    First of all, thank you for your great work. Now I could drive GTR2 in VR. In principle it works, unfortunately the menu is under me and I'm about 2 meters above the car.

I use a G2 with WMR and STEAMVR. Normally I can center the picture with Ctrl + Space.

Also centering in WMR before playing does not use anything.

What can I do?
    Try using NUMPAD 5 you can also change recenter to any key in .ini file but you need to find out VKEY_CODE integer value on MSDN, or use Joy2Key to send numpad5 on button press.

thank you, i will try this

CC can assign a controller button to it
    Name:  CC_VR_assign.jpg
Views: 1784
Size:  82.7 KB

Thanks with NumPad 5 it works.

Everything except for a point works great. For OpenWheeler, for example, F1 1988 no wheels are displayed. In my PLR is
    Wheels visible in cockpit = "1"
    set.

With a nocd.exe, wheels are displayed, with the steam.exe not.

Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks with NumPad 5 it works.

Everything except for a point works great. For OpenWheeler, for example, F1 1988 no wheels are displayed. In my PLR is
    Wheels visible in cockpit = "1"
    set.

With a nocd.exe, wheels are displayed, with the steam.exe not.

Is there a way to fix this?
    I am racing open wheelers here with no problems (F1 1994 and 2011 right now). Are you sure it is not camera plane clipping? Depending on your .ini settings, views will not calculate the same in Steam version. make sure

useVRVideoModeEnumerationFor2DRendering = 1
    enableShadowAndHeadlightFlickerFixFor2DRendering = 1

is set if you are testing in 2D. Also, make sure game is not reading .plr file from MyDocuments - I don't remember if it does that but plugin has setting to stop it from reading/writing MyDocuments completely.

That said, Steam and CD versions of game are very different, it is possible some mods will need adjustment.

Now everything works. With the unlocked CD version in Steam, it was not, but I have acquired GTR2 again in Steam. Then it worked.

Thank you for your class work. Absolutely a dream for me GTR2 with VR. And much better than VORX. That's worth a donation.

It would be great if you would still make VR in "F1 Codemaster".

Now everything works. With the unlocked CD version in Steam, it was not, but I have acquired GTR2 again in Steam. Then it worked.

Thank you for your class work. Absolutely a dream for me GTR2 with VR. And much better than VORX. That's worth a donation.

It would be great if you would still make VR in "F1 Codemaster".
    Yeah, if I try some other game it will be that one - F1 one, that's my dream. However, it is much more modern game, will be more complicated to do and then it will likely not work online. Let's hope Codemasters will do it themselves, especially considering DR2 works so damn well in VR - they can do it and do it with quality.

That said I'll continue trying improving F1 experience in GTR2. Flat spots and dirt pickup are already there and both work very well in F1 by my standards, but I'll try making them visual in future. Shifting is improved for older F1 years. I am working on DRS right now, and in future I plan to add penalties for pass under yellow and make pit stops more F1 like.

I'm looking forward to your improvements.

This is not a GTR2 thread but I still have a question. Is there a way to use more than 3 Contollers?

I'm looking forward to your improvements.

This is not a GTR2 thread but I still have a question. Is there a way to use more than 3 Contollers?
    Not yet (I am not planning to look into this for as long as there's viable workaround), but: you can map most controllers to keyboard using Joy2Key and for ordering conflicts, use https://github.com/briankendall/devreorder. I have not hit the need for it, but it might help to say, move button box far down the priority list.

So I have CSS shifter in sequential mode and wheel funky switches/some buttons mapped to keyboard, as game refuses to recognize those. But the rest - HE Ultimates, DD1 and CSS in H-Shifter mode all works like a breeze.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast