Thread: Steam VR Overlay Disappears in Race Session

Steam VR Overlay Disappears in Race Session

I am using the CC VR Overlay to show the Racelabs relative overlay. It works perfectly during practice and qualifying, but as soon as the race session starts, it disappears. I have a key bound to show/hide and toggling it has no effect. The overlay completely disappears, no empty black box, nothing.

Interestingly, last race I jumped up and switched RL into VR mode to see if that worked, and it flickered in and out, like it was battling with iRacing for the display or something. It also didn’t have the full overlay drawn properly when the box did display.

This has now happened both times I’ve tried to race with it. It consistently works perfectly in non-race sessions. Any ideas?

I found a post on the RaceLabs Discord of someone who fixed this issue by removing their Realtek Audio Drivers. Sure enough, I removed the Realtek driver (version 6.0.9075.1) on my system (Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X, i5-9600k, RTX 3090) and the overlay just worked perfectly in a race for the first time for me (using Racelab Relative Overlay + Crew Chief Steam VR Mode)!

I have a similar issue. But when I disabled my realtek drivers i don't have audio...