Thread: Pitted for refuel, but no fuel added

Pitted for refuel, but no fuel added

First up, I haven't been using Crew Chief very long. But one of the main things I need it for is the auto refuel on my pitstops. Tonight I pulled into the pit after hearing them tell me I had 2 laps of fuel remaining. When I enter the pit I don't hear "We'll fuel you till the end." I hear "Ah you've got plenty of fuel." I stop, no fuel is added, and out I go to run out of fuel before I can make it back to the pits.

The exact same settings worked perfectly for a practice race the day before (same settings as tonight's race, half fuel requiring at least 1 stop). There the fuel filled up to where I had maybe a gallon at race end.

I have iRacing setup to autoclear tires and fuel prior to the race. I have Crew Chief setup to add 1 gallon over estimate.

Can someone help me understand what went wrong?

Gonna need a log to see what went wrong its located in C:\Users\{USERNAME}\Documents\CrewChiefV4\debugLog s

Quote Originally Posted by Sparten View Post
    Gonna need a log to see what went wrong its located in C:\Users\{USERNAME}\Documents\CrewChiefV4\debugLog s
    Attached zip (I think):

console_2021_07_28-22-09-41.zip

Any ideas? I've run another practice race and the pit stop went fine. I noticed that upon entering the pits I could see the fuel checkbox checked and the amount of fuel already added, so at least I have an early warning system that the pitstop might get messed up and can use key command bindings to force fuel.

This can happen right after an iracing update if done though the UI without restarting, and i suspect that what went wrong here, i'm sorry but there is no way we can resolve this problem as caused by iracing UI auto launches with admin permissions right after an update and windows prevents usermode applications to send commands to elevated applications. This is something that needs fixing on iracings side.

Ah, ok. With all the updates they come out with that's very likely. Thanks for looking into it. I'll make sure to restart the UI next time. I've run numerous test races since and CC has worked fine each time.

Hello, new to Crewchief and experiencing a similar issue with the fuel. I am using simcommander to launch the UI and see where CC is saying to refuel to end, however nothing occurs.
    I reset the CC settings, set iracing UI to not put fuel or tires on when entering the race, and have tested in a AI race to test this out. When I type #fuel 1.0g it fuels, but CC isn't initiating the text. Is there a setting I am missing?

Attachment 445console_2021_11_01-21-17-00.txt

when using simcommander to launch UI you have to start CC as administrator as simcommander launches iracing with elevated rights, which result in external apps cant send messages to the window.

Thanks Sparten, I'll give this a shot!