Thread: GTR2 Wipers question

GTR2 Wipers question

Hi CC team,

my question is: i see HQ cars have all wipers working but not the mods.
    Is there a way to go to make wipers work on mods cars too ?

today i saw for the first time something lots of us was missing....working wipers !

Great work on GTR2 really, you made GTR2 alive again

Actually i have a second question: when using GTR233 setup i get to the option of CC, i get this message:

https://gyazo.com/d4aeb365a08816314d4c35ecd9467dcd

Strange because CC is installed and the path is pointing to {steam} GTR2, so i think its default, maybe i am doing somethin wrong, IDK
    Last edited by Silvanob2; 24-06-2021 at 17:20.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvanob2 View Post
    Hi CC team,

my question is: i see HQ cars have all wipers working but not the mods.
    Is there a way to go to make wipers work on mods cars too ?

today i saw for the first time something lots of us was missing....working wipers !

Great work on GTR2 really, you made GTR2 alive again
    In order for wipers to work, cars need to be modified. Please see the plugin manual on how to do that, it is fairly easy (you can follow how it is done with HQ Anniversary cars). On private section at EEC I share my wipers I made for cars I race, and will be posting more and more of those.

Because it is common to have multiple GTR2 drops, it is best to do set up manually - please see the plugin manual and "The Happy Path" tutorial.

PS: GTR233 also added wipers to all PnG cars! There's a slight issue that framerate is very low, but hopefully someone creates higher FPS animation (plugin supports any amount of frames).

I red all the readme in the folder but could not find this explanation, plugin manual from CC? i see only the crew chief.ini, is this the one? because the wipers work but only with HQ cars.
    Where do i find "The Happy Path" tutorial please?
    Last edited by Silvanob2; 24-06-2021 at 17:26.

I red all the readme in the folder but could not find this explanation, plugin manual from CC? i see only the crew chief.ini, is this the one? because the wipers work but only with HQ cars.

Manual is in the first post of this changelog thread: https://thecrewchief.org/showthread....-and-Changelog

thank you Iron Wolf, will look there

thank you Iron Wolf, will look there

if you manage to set it up and you have many GTR2 drops, you should also probably disable "Automatic plugin update" in CC preferences. It does not work well for copy pastable games, unless one uses symlinks.

Regarding the GTR233 setup, even if you run it, you still need to follow my tutorial, otherwise game won't start. The error you are getting is caused by CC not being installed in ProgramFiles(x86)

PS: Beta of plugin supports screen dirt cleanup using the wipers.

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Wolf View Post
    if you manage to set it up and you have many GTR2 drops, you should also probably disable "Automatic plugin update" in CC preferences. It does not work well for copy pastable games, unless one uses symlinks.

Regarding the GTR233 setup, even if you run it, you still need to follow my tutorial, otherwise game won't start. The error you are getting is caused by CC not being installed in ProgramFiles(x86)

PS: Beta of plugin supports screen dirt cleanup using the wipers.
    the funny thing is that CC IS installed since longtime, so do i have to uninstall and reinstall it?

thank you for helping

the funny thing is that CC IS installed since longtime, so do i have to uninstall and reinstall it?

thank you for helping

I have not used HQ Anniversary setup.cmd since GTR233 changed it to copy Crew Chief plugin, I don't know what he did and how. I do not know if it copies plugin only or CC compatible wiper content as well in one setup step. If CC plugin step is separate, you only need to follow my manual and copy files manually.

I am guessing that you installed CC in non-default path, and his script cannot find CC install. It could also be a script bug, assuming 32 or 64bit OS. You could try reinstalling CC to default path - but regarding HQ Anniversary, you may need to reach out to its author here: https://www.racedepartment.com/threa...0#post-3402913 - he's very hellpful person.

Even if you manage to get his script to work, you still need to follow final steps outlined in plugin manual, let me know if you have question about that part.

thanks Iron Wolf, will try on this direction.