Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Crew Chief GTR2 Enhancements Project Beta thread

Quote Originally Posted by Silvanob2 View Post
    Thanks for the infos
    you talk about the H-shifter damage, do you know if damage will also be there on the sequencial shifter?

Sequential - I am not yet sure how to emulate damage for that. If someone with a good understanding of gearbox mechanics reaches out to me and will give me advice on how, I will look into it.

Note that does not mean nothing is done for sequential - it is quite the opposite. For sequential, bunch of things are implemented:
    * Overrev protection
    * Block neutral until car stops
    * Refuse shift based on engine torque - this is particularly big one, and here's why. Many older series had sequential gearboxes with no auto lift/throttle cut. If you watch FIA GT 2003/2004 drivers lift and or clutch on downshift. Same with Supertouring. And plugin tries to emulate that, even though it is simple tricks and I need inputs from the more knowledgeble people, it is a huge step forward in immersion in my view.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PK8eRM4Uqm0&t=5s

So short answer, not yet - but if I will ever get good inputs from physics/mechanics experts, I will add it.

I could potentially calculate by how much requested shift exceeds the set torque, count that as damage, and kill the box eventually - but not sure yet. For H-shifted it works nicely - you can say, kill gear 3 and you'll have to finish race without gear 3 - but for sequential.... I am open to suggestions.

Ok this is good news indeed, block neutral until car stop is a real feature.
    Now you know it exist few variation of seq geabox, some you have to clutch on upshift, some you dont have to do etc it would be to much to feature all variants.
    IMO what you have show (overev,block neutral and refuse shift) is suffice indeed.
    So we will wait until you add it, but dont rush, we can wait its no problem
    that youtube shows a seq that is mostly used but since few years you dont need to clutch with first gear, i find this not good, i am use to clutch as soon as the car stops or spins.

>>>>>>I could potentially calculate by how much requested shift exceeds the set torque, count that as damage, and kill the box eventually<<<<<

this would be great !

Well many race cars had to finish the race without a gear or 2 lol
    thats the way it was, now on new race cars i dont know.
    Last edited by Silvanob2; 07-21-2021 at 07:11 PM.

>>>Now you know it exist few variation of seq geabox, some you have to clutch on upshift, some you dont have to do etc it would be to much to feature all variants.<<<

That is up to the modders. They can configure gearbox and other plugin features per-car, and release it. Plugin allows setting many things in .cchdc file, but modder has to do all the research, testing etc. Maybe one day we'll start getting mods like that, we'll see - as I mentioned one guy reached out to me already, saying he wants to port his mod specifically to my plugin, we'll see if that meterializes

>>>Well many race cars had to finish the race without a gear or 2 lol
    thats the way it was, now on new race cars i dont know.<<<

Yep, and you can now enjoy that in GTR2.
    And, yes, I don't know how it is with the newer cars, that's why I did not add damage for sequential and semi-auto yet... But even with overrev protection and Neutral blocking EEC 2.3 is much more enjoyable now (that is, more realistic), same FRM TC and GT 2003/2004, with refusing to downshift if torque is too high. I also added stuff to disable engine autostart, and disable automatic limiter - alll the arcade things, now you can turn them off.

Great stuff really, we have now more options in GTR2 than in AMS, my favorite till now !
    disable autostart is IMO one cool option, if it could be followed by a race start, where you have to wait in car before the start and start your engine yourself, realisticaly that could add to immersion, i would say some values like 10 or more seconds where the pilot is remembering the track in his head and concentrate on the start, its just a suggestion though, the next option would be to sit in a real car lol or to be pluged in the back of the head like in Matrix

Quote Originally Posted by Silvanob2 View Post
    Great stuff really, we have now more options in GTR2 than in AMS, my favorite till now !
    disable autostart is IMO one cool option, if it could be followed by a race start, where you have to wait in car before the start and start your engine yourself, realisticaly that could add to immersion, i would say some values like 10 or more seconds where the pilot is remembering the track in his head and concentrate on the start, its just a suggestion though, the next option would be to sit in a real car lol or to be pluged in the back of the head like in Matrix
    Thanks for the kind words. AMS is a benchmark to beat indeed and it feels great to have GTR2 compared to that. I will think about engine start at beginning of a race... it might be a bit problematic, because there's very little time till Green, and ignition/engine takes seconds for engine to start, so it's very tight. Maybe the cool thing would be to increase that time till green, and then require manual engine start. That's gonna be cool. But not anytime soon, because I will be busy with the next thing on the list - DRS.

If i remember good we have a grd file that provoc the grid walk and on the second instance you have "time to wait" will fidle a bit with this and see what happens:

PreRacePresentation // Pre-race Presentation script
    {
    CinematicEvent
    {
    Type = GRIDWALK
    Probability = 1.00
    Time = +0.0
    Iterations = 1
    Wait = YES
    }

CinematicEvent
    {
    Type = SCRIPT_END
    Probability = 1.00
    Time = +1.5 <--------------- here
    Iterations = 1
    }

} // End of PreRacePresentation

maybe this could help you for that matter

and yes of course, whats next on the list comes first
    Last edited by Silvanob2; 07-23-2021 at 11:29 AM.

Beta 1.4.0.1

Graphics:
    * Enable backfire on all vehicles. Set graphicsBackfireOnAllCarsFrequency to value higher than 0.0 (for example 0.5) to enable backfires on all cars. The higher the value, the more likely backfire is to occur (max value is 1.0). Note: this could affect FPS.

Beta 1.4.0.4

VR:
    * Experimental tiny VR perf tweak to reduce CPU usage. Please let me know if something does not render correctly.

Beta 1.4.0.11
    Regular x86 binaries: https://www.mediafire.com/file/h3nf9...k/bin.zip/file
    AVX2 binaries: https://www.mediafire.com/file/u58mw..._avx2.zip/file

Graphics:
    * Experimental settings to improve framerate in the rain (especially in VR, but it works in 2D as well):

; Sets track rain reflections mode.
    ; 0 - game default track rain reflections, 1 - disable track objects, 2 disable completely (fastest)
    graphicsTrackRainReflectionMode = 0;

; Sets cars rain reflections mode.
    ; 0 - game default car rain reflections, 1 - disable car reflections, 2 - disable processing completely (fastest if graphicsTrackRainReflectionMode is set to 2 as well)
    graphicsCarRainReflectionMode = 0;

Beta 1.4.0.12

Graphics:
    * New setting to force cockpit view in pits: graphicsForceCockpitViewInPits

EDIT: this will be removed in favor of Locked Pit Cam="1" setting in the .plr file. Thanks @Silvanob2 for letting me know about this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast