Thread: Crew Chief GTR2 Enhancements Project Beta thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Crew Chief GTR2 Enhancements Project Beta thread

On this thread I'll be posting Beta versions of the GTR2 Crew Chief Enhancements Project plugin.

To use the latest Beta binaries, make sure you have the latest CC installed. During beta, property names may change a lot, so you may want to save CrewChief.ini and .cchdc files that match the latest full release.

Please let me know if something breaks down with the Beta plugin and if you have questions.

Beta 1.3.0.6

Graphics:
    * Added feature where wipers can clear off the screen dirt buildup (graphicsWipersClearDirtScreen setting). This makes wipers useful even when it isn't raining. Additional bonus is that dirt on the windshield will get saved on a game save.
    * Improved wiper animation. It should never get out of sync now.

Save/Load:
    * Fix save/load (flat spots and dirty tires) in the Championship.

Beta 1.3.1.4

Sequential Gearbox:

* Implement lift to shift feature.

This feature improves simulation of older sequential gearboxes, notably the one used in Skip Barber (rTrainer mod). Downshifts/upshifts will be refused if engine generates effective torque above the set threshold. Most often for shift to succeed lift off the throttle is enough. However, in some situations it is faster to shift using the clutch. For Skippy, I suggest starting with:
    gearboxSequentialLiftToUpshiftTorqueNM = 40.000000
    gearboxSequentialLiftToDownshiftTorqueNM = 25.000000

Beta 1.3.2.4

Manual H-Shifted Gearbox:
    * First cut of Manual H-Shifted gearbox "simulation" improvements to enhance older cars (PnG, older F1 etc). To enable, set gearboxHShiftedRevMatchSensitivity = 0.100000

Still WIP: gearbox damage, CC integration, good defaults.

Huge thanks go to author of Grinding Tranny mod (and Niels for connecting us ). He was cooperative and kind sharing his work with me, so I was able to learn the problem much faster, and reused his idea of estimating the needed RPMs and part of configuration params.

Beta 1.3.2.6

Crew Chief:

Fix missing telemetry if session is restarted without going back to the garage. Requires enableMissingTelemetryFix set to 1.

Manual H-Shifted Gearbox:
    * Rename main property, to enable H-Shifted manual gearbox enhancements set gearboxHShiftedRevMatchTolerance = 0.100000. Note: make sure "hold button for gear" is enabled.

New plugin defaults:

Enable all essential fixes by default. Enabled features/fixes:

applyChangeableWeatherPatch
    disableMyDocumentsProfile
    enableDetailsPageIcons
    enableMissingTelemetryFix
    enableAdditionalInputBindings
    enableKnownCrashesFix
    enableShadowAndHeadlightFlickerFixFor2DRendering
    useVRVideoModeEnumerationFor2DRendering

Beta 1.3.2.9

Crew Chief:

Additional fixes for issues caused by the restart from menu.

Graphics:
    Increase wiper screen dirt cleanup speed