Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Crew Chief GTR2 Enhancements Project Beta thread

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Wolf View Post
    This is on my list BUT, I am not a mechanic, I am not even physics dev, mostly system low/level /graphics. So whether we see turbo or not depends on whether I get help from communiity on:

* Modeling, how exactly to model turbo?
    * Testing, it's gonna be megaton of technical testing, who is going to do it?
    Maybe there might be some physics experts out there that would be willing to help you out because implementing turbo might be possible and also might be a pain in the ass. I'd gladly help you out if i knew a thing about gMotor2 game physics and real life physics but i know almost little to none.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by lolmaaooo View Post
    Maybe there might be some physics experts out there that would be willing to help you out because implementing turbo might be possible and also might be a pain in the ass. I'd gladly help you out if i knew a thing about gMotor2 game physics and real life physics but i know almost little to none.
    Yes, let's hope someone pops up. So far however, I noticed that not many folks care about "simulation" aspects of this plugin and that's the biggest part of it. But we'll see! At least I got quite a bit of help on visual enhancements, so let's hope "physics" side gets help too.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Wolf View Post
    Yes, let's hope someone pops up. So far however, I noticed that not many folks care about "simulation" aspects of this plugin. But we'll see! At least I got quite a bit of help on visual enhancements, so let's hope "physics" side gets help too.
    Who knows man, maybe you could figure those things out by yourself with how much you've added in this game which i never thought would be possible even though this plugin is still in beta. Thank you for doing all this work in this 16 year old game!
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by lolmaaooo View Post
    Who knows man, maybe you could figure those things out by yourself with how much you've added in this game which i never thought would be possible even though this plugin is still in beta. Thank you for doing all this work in this 16 year old game!
    Yes, we'll see, getting help on this without risking leaks into other games is very hard. I might just as well do it myself.

BTW, this plugin is not a Beta. There are 2 threads - one thread lists release versions, versions that go out with CC app. Another thread, is this Beta thread, here I post plugin updates in between CC app updates. The hope is that someone will catch broken stuff before it goes out with CC app. GTR2 is very feature rich, so it is hard for me to ensure that new thing did not break some corner of a game, like I recently did with driving school

Thanks for your support and enjoy the plugin, I am certainly enjoying both racing and working on GTR2 And I met really great people along the way, it's gonna be a memory.

PS: checkout Trackaholics site, it contains dozens of cars ported to use this Plugin + wiper patches by me.
    IP

Beta 1.5.2.10

x86 Plugin binaries: https://www.mediafire.com/file/lxike...x/bin.zip/file
    AVX2 Plugin binaries: https://www.mediafire.com/file/f2iv1..._avx2.zip/file

This update is major rework of the plugin. Plugin now utilizes multiple cores, so that it has no FPS impact at all. Normally that's not something to worry about, but if you are running very old CPU or something like Pentium D, Celeron or Atom, you may want to check "Notes on Multithreading" in the manual. I'll keep updating this section to list things that depend on multicore (so that you can disable such features).

Graphics:
    * Add final additional Motec data page: delta personal best and delta class best.
    - needs new template icons. See the manual on how to update your cars.

* Position additional data page is now multiclass aware.

* Gap next/previous additional Motec data page is now multiclass aware.
    - Note: gaps will not match game HUD gaps because plugin calculates gaps differently. This is not a bug.

* Backfires fix is now moved off graphics thread (eliminates FPS impact).

UPDATE: Currently, I am not updating Beta thread anymore. If you are interested in helping testing this plugin, please PM me on CC Discord or join this dedicated server: https://discord.gg/BqPh6ubBR7. The main plugin thread is here: https://thecrewchief.org/showthread....-and-Changelog
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    IP

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345