Thread: VR plugin for rfactor 1

VR plugin for rfactor 1

Hi,

first of all I want to thank you for the great CC VR plugin which gives me the chance to race GTR2 and AMS in VR now. Running a big field in the BPR mod in GTR2 is just a dream. I was wondering if it would also be possible to race rfactor in VR. I would love to race the NLC VLN 2005 mod (Big fields, different starting groups..... a piece of art).

Please let me know if there is a way to workk your magic also on rfactor.

Thanx for developing CrewChief. I love it.

Daniel

I second this. It would be great.

rFactor VR plugin would be a HUGE hit
    I would absolutely repeatedly play rFactor again if it had VR

I guess I have to clarify couple of things:

* What you want already exists. GTR2 VR work was ported to AMS1 by Sparten: https://forum.reizastudios.com/threa...g-in-vr.14245/ AFAIK rF1 content works in AMS1 either as is or with minimal changes.

* Further GTR2 VR and other improvements are not going to be ported, see this post explaining why: https://forum.reizastudios.com/threa...22#post-168224

* There will be no ports to any of the related games. Porting is very complicated and elabortate process, and no one on our team plays older isiMotor based games (the only weirdo is me, I play GTR2 and it will continue getting some improvements and fixes. And, content side help is very welcome there).

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Wolf View Post

* What you want already exists. GTR2 VR work was ported to AMS1 by Sparten:
    AFAIK rF1 content works in AMS1 either as is or with minimal changes.
    Ye that wasn't really clarification??
    rF1 content in AMS1 is not rF1.
    But it looks like your saying that's the only option because it won't get ported to rF1?
    Or just use it in rF1 and it works?

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    it only works in AMS1, we're not going to port to RF1. RF1 content in AMS1 does work, doesn't it? So the point was "to use this content in VR, you need to import it to AMS1"

Quote Originally Posted by mr_belowski View Post
    RF1 content in AMS1 does work, doesn't it? So the point was "to use this content in VR, you need to import it to AMS1"
    Content can be easly converted via rFactor to Stock Car Extreme tool but many mods uses custom mas files and that mods simply not work in AMS... Few mods can't be converted via this converter because it gives some errors...
    Last edited by Firssen; 11-03-2022 at 04:38.

Talking How much?

Is there a dollar value that would change your mind?

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Wolf View Post

* What you want already exists. GTR2 VR work was ported to AMS1 by Sparten: [] AFAIK rF1 content works in AMS1 either as is or with minimal changes.

* Further GTR2 VR and other improvements are not going to be ported, see this post explaining why: []

* There will be no ports to any of the related games. Porting is very complicated and elabortate process, and no one on our team plays older isiMotor based games (the only weirdo is me, I play GTR2 and it will continue getting some improvements and fixes. And, content side help is very welcome there).

mr_belowski what is the monetary value for your time to make a native RF1 implementation of VR? You may have a side hustle if you are willing to do so. Many in the community backed Reiza just for the VR promise they originally made.