Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Update error says...

Unhappy Update error says...

This installation package could not be opened. Contact the application vendor to varify that this is a valid Windows installer package. Never happened before.

Thanks for any help in advance folks!

Hammer.

try updating manually, download from here https://thecrewchief.org/forumdispla...ewChief-for-PC and run the installer

Quote Originally Posted by Sparten View Post
    try updating manually, download from here https://thecrewchief.org/forumdispla...ewChief-for-PC and run the installer
    Had same issue and this worked. Thanks!

Thank you kindly Sparten.

I was having the same issue too. Thank you Sparten for the fix! Much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparten View Post
    Ditto here, thanks for the tip.

I'm getting the same error via the auto updater and have tried downloading directly and installing as suggested here, but always get the same error. Is there a mirror link I can try?

Quote Originally Posted by Philthy82 View Post
    I'm getting the same error via the auto updater and have tried downloading directly and installing as suggested here, but always get the same error. Is there a mirror link I can try?
    Tried the manual update, But the auto update still wants to update to the newest version and that fails.
    edit....the manual update apparently did work after a restart. Now running the latest version.
    Last edited by davehenrie; 25-05-2021 at 15:21.

Wow man thanks, have been trying to get this update downloaded since it populated. Was getting annoying every time I launched CC and was presented with both those splash screens and not being to update. Thanks again for your many contributions and fix it's on the forum!

The download server was being a real dog the past few weeks, taking 30+ minutes to download the file and giving me a different file size each time. For whatever reason it's working now; file downloaded quickly and installed fine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast