Thread: CC window scaling

CC window scaling

So I’m helping my dad who’s trying to get this to work. He has an issue where it appears the scale is wrong. In the picture you can see that the window ends on the right, but there’s still stuff on the right. Nothing we’ve done has worked to fix it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by 2quix View Post
    So I’m helping my dad who’s trying to get this to work. He has an issue where it appears the scale is wrong. In the picture you can see that the window ends on the right, but there’s still stuff on the right. Nothing we’ve done has worked to fix it.
    same problem i have posted on git hub the forum i guess there is no developer help / support for this product i would have donated its a great app but absolutely no support so why should I donate?

Crew Chief is designed to work in a range of monitor display resolutions. I had to take mine way down to see this issue, most people have difficulty with the window being too small (see http://thecrewchief.org/showthread.p...ull=1#post2957 for the fix for that). The team looked into making CC resizable but it proved to be a lot of work, well beyond what a small group of volunteers could be expected to take on for just a handful of users. Windows provides answers to the issue.

CC moved from GitHub to GitLab a long time ago, look there and on Discord (Help file https://mr_belowski.gitlab.io/CrewCh...t_Contact.html) and you'll see that there is plenty of support and help.

I checked: it moved in December 2015 and since then there have been 5,730 commits, the latest yesterday.

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    there's an option on the Properties screen calls "scroll bars on main window" (or something like that - use the search box and search for scroll). It's worth enabling this to see if it helps, but as Tony pointed out none of us use such low resolution displays so ensuring the app renders correctly on them isn't really on our radar.

"it's a great app, I would have donated but when I looked in the wrong place for an answer to an unusual issue and didn't get a response from volunteer developers on an unmonitored and outdated forum that's clearly marked as such, I threw a minor temper tantrum on the forum that *is* monitored and despite that I got help and support anyway". Internet, eh? The technology that manners forgot

Quote Originally Posted by mr_belowski View Post
    there's an option on the Properties screen calls "scroll bars on main window" (or something like that - use the search box and search for scroll). It's worth enabling this to see if it helps, but as Tony pointed out none of us use such low resolution displays so ensuring the app renders correctly on them isn't really on our radar.

"it's a great app, I would have donated but when I looked in the wrong place for an answer to an unusual issue and didn't get a response from volunteer developers on an unmonitored and outdated forum that's clearly marked as such, I threw a minor temper tantrum on the forum that *is* monitored and despite that I got help and support anyway". Internet, eh? The technology that manners forgot
    thanks for the support idk about a temper tantrum the post i got support from was from Apr 2021 posted by someone else and unanswered until i replied end of October i wasn't trying to be a dick i really figured no one would respond after seeing this post unanswered i tried the gen forums instead so yha whatever. thanks for the help

turns out there's more we need to do here to fix this - the scroll bars don't show. I'll make that change to the next app release. The scroll bars should be (just about) useable in the next release but they're really clunky. It's the best i can do without spending ages on the UI layout

turns out there's more we need to do here to fix this - the scroll bars don't show. I'll make that change to the next app release. The scroll bars should be (just about) useable in the next release but they're really clunky. It's the best i can do without spending ages on the UI layout
    thank you very much

this is a new Beta version with some hacks to work around the missing scroll bars for low res screens
    http://crewchief.isnais.de/CrewChief...5.3.3_beta.msi

it's not pretty and the scroll bars behave annoyingly, but they do work and it is possible (with a little fiddling) to access all the components of the app's main screen and properties screen. It should work out-of-the-box with no need to tweak properties.

I've still not looked at the Macro Editor UI

this is a new Beta version with some hacks to work around the missing scroll bars for low res screens

it's not pretty and the scroll bars behave annoyingly, but they do work and it is possible (with a little fiddling) to access all the components of the app's main screen and properties screen. It should work out-of-the-box with no need to tweak properties.

thank you I'll try it tonight

no it didn't fix it sadly don't worry about it one question though is the a way to manually set spotter voice pack and give driver name somehow thats all I'm really missing i guess everything else i can access from properties page i guess
    thanks for your help either way