Thread: Startup issue...

Startup issue...

Error message: Unable to remove broken app settings file
    Please exit the app and manually delete folder C:\Users\(me)\AppData\Local\Britton_IT_Ltd
    Stack trace: at CrewChiefV4.MainWindow..ctor() in C:\projects\crewchief_c_sharp\CrewChiefV4\CrewChie fV4\UserInterface\MainWindow.cs:line 1136
    at CrewChiefV4.Program.Main() in C:\projects\crewchief_c_sharp\CrewChiefV4\CrewChie fV4\Program.cs:line 130

The folder doesn't even exist for me and i cant 'delete' it

The folder does exist, it's just not visible by default. Tick View / Hidden items in Explorer.

I mean the britton_IT_Ltd folder, i am already in local i simply cannot find the file if it even exists in the first place
    Last edited by Yolly; 30-03-2021 at 17:48.

I had a similar issue where the Britton_IT_Ltd directory was not in the appdata\local directory. Instead I had a crewchiefV4 directory. I had noticed when I changed my settings, it created the Britton_IT_Ltd directory, but then when it rebooted it would delete it.. I solved this issue by installing CrewChief V4 4.9.9.5, setting it up, and then installing Crew Chief V4 4.15.2.5 over it.

Now it all works as intended. Not sure it will work for you, but it's worth a shot. Good luck.