Thread: Start up error...No crew chief or spotter radio check heard on startup

Start up error...No crew chief or spotter radio check heard on startup

Hi all,

I'm a noob to crew chief and iRacing so please bear with me. Until yesterday crew chief was working great with no issues, now all of a sudden I cant hear the radio check on startup. I did find this error log (attached) but don't know what it means or the steps I need to do to correct the issue. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

startupError.txt
    Last edited by Zainoreflections; 29-03-2021 at 21:31.

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    that's a weird error and it looks like a .Net or Windows issue. The error log suggests that it's somewhere in the properties loading code (not the CrewChief code). I know it's a bit of a blunt instrument but the first thing to try is to remove or rename the settings folder -

C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData\local\Britton_IT_Ltd\

you may need to enable the 'show hidden files and folders' option in Windows Explorer in order to see this folder

Would this be related to an issue I have started experiencing where parts of messages are now missing in RRE for me .

Hey guys,

I don't know very much about crewchief and how the files work but I cannot hear the "radio check" anymore. I've tried re-installing many times but still nothing
    Anything would help