Thread: Non Global Macros

Non Global Macros

Is there a way to set up macros that are tied to a specific profile?
    I have two wheels Fanatec BMW and the F1 and their buttons mappings dont match up..
    It would be great to be able to attach macros to a profile Vs them being global

Thanks,

Aaron
    Last edited by BitViper; 26-03-2021 at 18:12.

Ok....
    Being a SW engineer I got to snooping around.. ie hacking.. here's what I'm gonna do.. it a kludge but workable.
    1. Create folders for both wheels at "C:\Users\<<MyUser>>\Documents\CrewChiefV4" and save a "virgin" copy in a extra folder
    2. In each folder I'll place an copy of "saved_command_macros" and a flag file with the name of the wheel the command file is for
    3. I'll know before hand which wheel I'm going to use.. So using two batch files.. one to position the correct Global and a second to save it back (I'll write a .Net solution eventually) to swap out the required file (using the flag fie to tell me which global is currently loaded) and then start up CrewChief.exe..
    4. I'll need to remember which profile to load when I'm in the app...(if I plan to make changes) you don't seem to be touching that on start up this way I can run two "Global Files" each mapped to a different wheel.

It sure would be nice that "In your free time".... you could implement this swap in your app ... bind it to the SelectionChange event on the "Activate Profile dropdown on the properties form... and then refresh the settings!

I'm sure that someplace in your app.exe.config or defaultsettings.jason you hold onto which profile was last loaded... but I haven't looked yet... That way I wont need the flag files...
    Last edited by BitViper; 20-03-2021 at 04:25.

Nearly done....
    Primary screen and its configuration.. current loaded macro file highlighted in green...
    Press the button and it swaps out macro files... NuttinFancy!
    Attachment 386
    Attachment 387