Thread: Fuel Calculation during Code 80

Fuel Calculation during Code 80

I couldn't find any related topics so here's what me and my racebuddy found out.

Last weekend we had a 1000 Miles of Sebring, 268 laps Multi-Class. LMP2's are the ones getting to this limit first so GTE's can't really calculate how many laps it would be. Only make a rought estimate. But here's the thing. Almost at the end of the race there was a Code 80 (Full Course yellow on pitlimiter speed). Perfect moment for pitstops since you don't lose much time. But on Code 80, we drop the fuel mixture to Safety Car mode and drive on higher gears. So when he came into the pit (pitbox was literally the first one) CC calculated less fuel then was needed, because it was calculated on the last lap.

So we had to pit again, giving up a podium spot.

Is there something we could have done about it? Or is it possible to make it calculate it based on 2 laps behind?

I sense a can of worms being opened! In cases like that the simple answer is manual intervention - using the buttons to increase the amount of fuel put in. I suspect that may be difficult if you have the "Automatically fuel to end of race" Property ticked though as I think the fuel is calculated when you enter the pits. The calculations use the code already written for iRacing so I'm not sure of the details. You want two levels of fuel consumption (racing and Code 80) and some way of picking which (further complicated by whether the Code 80 is going to continue to the end of the race). I think manual intervention is the only real answer - the scenarios are too complex to solve with software.

Quote Originally Posted by Seven Smiles View Post
    I sense a can of worms being opened! In cases like that the simple answer is manual intervention - using the buttons to increase the amount of fuel put in. I suspect that may be difficult if you have the "Automatically fuel to end of race" Property ticked though as I think the fuel is calculated when you enter the pits. The calculations use the code already written for iRacing so I'm not sure of the details. You want two levels of fuel consumption (racing and Code 80) and some way of picking which (further complicated by whether the Code 80 is going to continue to the end of the race). I think manual intervention is the only real answer - the scenarios are too complex to solve with software.
    I just opened CrewChief and found the options to fix it.
    • Enable Base Fuel on max Fuel consumption

• And add fuel for X laps to finish the race

Name:  2021-03-16_8-42-07.png
Views: 2309
Size:  11.4 KB