Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Crew Chief Audio Help

If you want to do it really well, see message #5 above.

If in the sound settings the input device or the output device is selected as “stereo mix” it prompts the output (your speakers) and the input (your microphone) sounds to mix. This can cause a problem where the in-game audio is heard from the mic.

I’m able to use CC with ACC and AMS2 with my HP Reverb G2. That said, Jim often has a hard time hearing me when I push to talk. I have to speak very loud and even then it’s touchy. Windows says my mic level is at 100%. Is there another setting somewhere?

Maybe check Control Panel > Sound > Microphone Realtek USB2.0 > Properties > Levels
    Attachment 430

HMD must be active for the Microphone to be enabled.
    Set level as desired if not already at 100%
    My level suits me but maybe not you.

I am having this trouble today. Was using CC last night with no trouble, this morning windows had small update and now can't hear CC. I am using rF2 but can't even hear the test message when I start CC have checked nAudio and CC is using the correct sound device. The on screen log in the console says CC is talking but I can't hear it. I use a creative Soundblaster AE-7 with the external volume control. All windows sounds and other game sounds seem fine. Any tips or hints on this would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
    JimmyT

OK, so I have looked at every sound setting in windows (bloody MS changing stuff for you) and found that it had changed my audio enhancements setting to on, which CC apparently doesn't like.
    Solved my issue, hopefully this will help others as well.
    Last edited by JimmyT; 18-07-2021 at 09:14.

Hi guys!
    I have problem only with wireless headset, CC works with regularly using speakers or wired headphones, but does not work with bluetooth headphones. I can't solve it, can you help me?
    TKS

Quote Originally Posted by HankMadison View Post
    I’m able to use CC with ACC and AMS2 with my HP Reverb G2. That said, Jim often has a hard time hearing me when I push to talk. I have to speak very loud and even then it’s touchy. Windows says my mic level is at 100%. Is there another setting somewhere?
    I have the same issue as you with Reverb G2, it basically never works if I set "trigger word ("Chief") seems so trigger on a lot of sounds from the headset and I can hear she radio beep almost all the time so I have to use push to talk but then it's really rarely Jim hears me.

hi guys i update my windows insider 22543 and now i cant hear the sound with my usb headset / with realtek work ist pls help me

13:12:42.137 : Device name: Lautsprecher (Turtle Beach Stealth 700 G2) Guid: {0.0.0.00000000}.{41f61326-d05c-4cc4-801c-683a63fc9166} DeviceWaveId 0
    13:12:42.137 : Unable to find saved message audio output device, using default: Lautsprecher (Turtle Beach Stealth 700 G2). Note: this could be caused by a driver reinstall or an OS feature update. If you keep seeing this message, re-select the desired device in the UI.
    13:12:42.137 : Unable to find saved background audio output device, using default: Lautsprecher (Turtle Beach Stealth 700 G2). Note: this could be caused by a driver reinstall or an OS feature update. If you keep seeing this message, re-select the desired device in the UI.
    13:12:42.184 : nAudio output interface: WAVEOUT
    13:12:42.206 : Using sound pack version 187, driver names version 140 and personalisations version 147

Reselect the device in that app UI, it already tells you that on the log you posted!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparten View Post
    Reselect the device in that app UI, it already tells you that on the log you posted!
    I disabled realtek in device manager i have only usb headset as a default device

in attachments is my full log
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast