Thread: Incomplete messages

Incomplete messages

Hi,
    having a problem with CC where a reinstall didn't solve it
    CC is giving me info but there are pieces missing, mostly (maybe all ?) numbers
    So he will say "your laptime is"and the stops
    Or something like "the next driver did a 1." and then nothing
    Furthermore the spotter is a lot quieter to, hardly any info, if any
    When Jim (in my case) says something about a driver in front of me he doesn't pronounce the name, a woman's voice is completing the sentence
    Example; (Jim): The next driver is (woman's voice) Johnson

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    reinstalling doesn't reset the app to its default state - you need to delete 2 folders to do this:

C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Local\Britton_IT_Ltd\

Documents\CrewChiefV4\

sounds like you've enabled text-to-speech in the app's settings (so it's using windows TTS voices for missing driver names). Also sounds like you're missing some sound files. Try removing those 2 folders first and if that doesn't sort it, remove (or rename) C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Local\CrewChiefV4\ - this will force the app to redownload all the sounds

Quote Originally Posted by mr_belowski View Post
    reinstalling doesn't reset the app to its default state - you need to delete 2 folders to do this:

Documents\CrewChiefV4\

sounds like you've enabled text-to-speech in the app's settings (so it's using windows TTS voices for missing driver names). Also sounds like you're missing some sound files. Try removing those 2 folders first and if that doesn't sort it, remove (or rename) C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Local\CrewChiefV4\ - this will force the app to redownload all the sounds
    Thanks, worked like a charm

Quote Originally Posted by Sizzle View Post
    Thanks, worked like a charm
    Unfortunately, it was a one off
    Did an official yesterday and it's back to the incomplete messaging

Did this
    delete 3 folders:
    Documents\CrewChiefV4\
    C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Local\CrewChiefV4
    I don't use TTS

so it worked, you didn't change anything, and now it doesn't work? I have no idea what this could be. The woman's voice reading driver names can only be TTS

Exactly, and it's basically what happened the first time
    I have the idea Chief & Spotter give me more info one race and then the next it's hardly anything.

It's all happening local ? Nothing dependent of something outside, like a server?

To be sure, when you talk about TTS you mean the setting "TTS Setting (text)" under Audio, Voice & Controllers, right ?
    Mine is set to "don't use TTS"

yeah, that's the setting and "don't use TTS" means it's disabled.

There's no server involved here. There's a check on start up for updates to the app and assets but after that it's all running locally. So, to be clear, you're hearing a woman's voice announcing driver names? Or is it something else?

The woman's voice announcing driver names was happening when I started this thread
    Don't know if that's still the case (after the reset described above)

will test some more

What I'm sure of is Chief not completing the laptimes, "your laptime was a <blank, blank> point 40" so missing the minutes and the seconds
    and "the guy behind did a" and then nothing

could be issue with your sound card / playback device. Might be worth experimenting with audio options - ensure your sound device is the default playback device in Windows Sounds control panel then change the app's "use nAudio for playback" option and see if that helps. Or try changing the nAudio Output Device Type option - if you have this set to WASAPI, try increasing the nAudio WASPI latency to 100 or something

Thanks for the help, meant to reply sooner but kind of forgot about it

saw a message in the "middle panel"
    Can't recall it exactly but it told me to choose the playback device by hand because cc had some trouble with it
    Which I did, simple as that, just choose the same audio device
    For now, problems are gone