Thread: Can CC tell me when to pit?

Can CC tell me when to pit?

Hi,

Huge thanks for this brilliant add-on. Just dropped you a couple of beer tokens to say thank you.

Until discovering CC, I’ve been using the SODE fuel calculator, which tells me to ‘box this lap’ when I have less than 2 laps’ fuel left. CC doesn’t seem to give the same warning and I cannot find a setting to enable it. Have I missed something?

It would also be really useful to have CC tell me when there are 10, 5 and 2 laps to go until the end of the race. Is that available?

Thanks again.

CC already does all this with default settings, so not sure what the issue is here.

Thanks for the reply Sparten. Should I be getting the same warning during practice sessions? I’m nervous about experimenting during a race. I’ve not heard the warning during any practice session or the 2 races I’ve done with CC. When is the warning given? SODE’s warning is at the start of the last full lap of fuel.

The fuel warning will be given when you cross the s/f line on the last lap with sufficient fuel, message will be something like "We are running on fumes mate, box this lap", it should come about same time as SODE.
    there are also warning when you have used ½ your initial fuel and at 10-5-2min of fuel left in timed races, in races where lap is the limiting factor there are also warning, i cant remember the rate though.
    The warning should also plays doing practice sessions.

Did you disable fuel messages in the properties ?

Thanks - that's clear. I've checked the settings and I don;t think anything is disabled. I'll do a race this morning and see how we get on.

Thanks again for taking the time to help.

if you dont hear any fuel warnings then please post/attach the debug log file from the session you can find it in Documents/CrewChiefv4/debugLogs you will have to close down the app before the file is written.

Hi Sparten. Just to follow this up... I think this might be a Monza thing. The pit instruction is working fine in IMSA at Road America this week. I know that doesn’t make any sense!

I’ll try a couple of test sessions (assuming the pit this lap warnings are the same in test sessions as races) at the 2 tracks to see if there is still a difference.