Thread: VR Installation Questions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

VR Installation Questions

I've copied the CrewChief.dll into GTR 2 - FIA GT Racing Game/Plugins. There was no Plugins folder, I had to create it. Does that matter?

I then copied the d3d9.dll and openvr_api.dll files into the steamapps/common/GTR 2 - FIA GT Racing Game folder.

I then run the game, come back and don't see the CrewChief.ini file anywhere. I feel like I've followed the instructions to the letter but I've hit a dead end. I have Crew Chief running in the background with GTR2 selected, and I've made sure to have the VC++ redist. I feel like I'm missing something stupid since it seems like nobody else has had any issues.

Quote Originally Posted by AntiSpeed View Post
    I've copied the CrewChief.dll into GTR 2 - FIA GT Racing Game/Plugins. There was no Plugins folder, I had to create it. Does that matter?

I then copied the d3d9.dll and openvr_api.dll files into the steamapps/common/GTR 2 - FIA GT Racing Game folder.

I then run the game, come back and don't see the CrewChief.ini file anywhere. I feel like I've followed the instructions to the letter but I've hit a dead end. I have Crew Chief running in the background with GTR2 selected, and I've made sure to have the VC++ redist. I feel like I'm missing something stupid since it seems like nobody else has had any issues.
    From the instructions:
    "Launch GTR2 once, that will create the CrewChief.ini file. This needs to be done only the very first time."
    The file will be under the Plugins folder.

I'll add note that plugin folder needs creating.
    BTW, I do not recommend running GTR2 under Steam. It is better to copy it out, save clean copy, and work on copies of that You can forget about Steam from then on.
    Lastly, it has to be the GTR2.exe from Steam, not from anywhere else (some mods come with custom .exe). No CC.ini file created indicates that plugin is not loaded, and that's exactly what will happen with the unsupported .exe.

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Wolf View Post
    From the instructions:
    "Launch GTR2 once, that will create the CrewChief.ini file. This needs to be done only the very first time."
    The file will be under the Plugins folder.
    That's what I do, and there is nothing in the Plugins folder aside from the CrewChief.dll.

Just tried this locally - works fine aside from GTR2 by default fails to start unless you find good resolution it accepts (which my plugin has permament fix for once you get it to run). What is the binary size for GTR2.exe? It should be 3,541,504 bytes.

You could try creating CrewChief.ini manually, put this in it:

[CONFIG]
    debugOutputLevel = 15
    debugOutputSource = 65535

And see if there's any CC log created under UserData/Log after you start GTR2.

If there's no log, next step is to get tool called DebugView https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sys...oads/debugview run GTR2 and see what it prints.

Lastly, if nothing works and you are comfortable giving me access to your PC, ping me on the Crew Chief Discord.