Thread: The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable

Tried to update to the new CC and I get this error.

Name:  rC4jkcw.jpg
Views: 3656
Size:  19.5 KB

I've tried to play the .msi in different folders and I always get this error.

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    looks like your MSI installer cache is messed up - perhaps the contents of C:\Windows\Installer\ got altered. This is where windows stores the MSI installers for installed products. These are needed to tell windows how to uninstall programs - CC uninstalls the old version then installs the new one on update, so if windows can't find the old msi installer it won't be able to uninstall.

You *might* be able to work around this by downloading the previous installer package and running it, and selecting the 'uninstall' option, then re-download the latest update. Old packages are here:

http://crewchief.isnais.de/CrewChiefV4.14.0.2.msi

(change the version number in the URL as required to match the version you've got installed)

Gave your steps a shot but wasn't able to install. When I run the installer, there is no uninstall option. The current version I have is the one you linked to as well.

I can't even seem to install it in a new folder and have it act like a new program. Still playing with it.

Did you delete stuff out of the Windows/Installer folder?

No but I had to roll back a Windows update recently so that may have done something to it. All my other programs are fine though.

hmm, tricky one. MSI installers are quite fragile - there might be some way to fix it (you'll have to Google it). Alternatively I have a zipped up installation that can just be unzipped over the top of the existing install - http://crewchief.isnais.de/CrewChiefV4.zip