Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable

The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable

Tried to update to the new CC and I get this error.

Name:  rC4jkcw.jpg
Views: 3596
Size:  19.5 KB

I've tried to play the .msi in different folders and I always get this error.

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    looks like your MSI installer cache is messed up - perhaps the contents of C:\Windows\Installer\ got altered. This is where windows stores the MSI installers for installed products. These are needed to tell windows how to uninstall programs - CC uninstalls the old version then installs the new one on update, so if windows can't find the old msi installer it won't be able to uninstall.

You *might* be able to work around this by downloading the previous installer package and running it, and selecting the 'uninstall' option, then re-download the latest update. Old packages are here:

http://crewchief.isnais.de/CrewChiefV4.14.0.2.msi

(change the version number in the URL as required to match the version you've got installed)

Gave your steps a shot but wasn't able to install. When I run the installer, there is no uninstall option. The current version I have is the one you linked to as well.

I can't even seem to install it in a new folder and have it act like a new program. Still playing with it.

Did you delete stuff out of the Windows/Installer folder?

No but I had to roll back a Windows update recently so that may have done something to it. All my other programs are fine though.

hmm, tricky one. MSI installers are quite fragile - there might be some way to fix it (you'll have to Google it). Alternatively I have a zipped up installation that can just be unzipped over the top of the existing install - http://crewchief.isnais.de/CrewChiefV4.zip

Thanks for the zip. I'll use that for now and see what happens when the next update rolls around.

Found the solution. Posting for others. I had to go to regedit and delete the folder entirely to be able to update normally again.

Windows + R, type "regedit", and go to this directory in the picture

https://i.imgur.com/Ocgi3mg.png

Under Product, just go down the list until you see ProductName being CrewChiefV4. Delete that entire folder. Delete the installed directory. Reinstall and you should be good to go.

Unhappy To use is on a network resource that is unavailable

I have got rid of the issue by Programming install and uninstall troubleshooter.

I have solved my issue by using Registry editor.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast