Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Just released: create your own stage notes with voice commands

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    one outstanding issue that i just can't crack is that the recogniser really struggles with "four" and "ford", which makes things a little tricky

When would you ever use the word Ford in the pacenotes?

Ford = Vadställe in Swedish
    Maybe change to water / water crossing /water splash

Oh it's an actual word and not only a car manufacturer! My bad sorry.
    Yes I would recommend water splash/water crossing since I never heard of Fords. But for the water crossings in rbr I have used bump/dip so far since I don't think the water itself does anything right? More the shape of the road that unsettles the car.

I'm not sure about this. Personally, I use 'ford' - stages like the Richard Burns Rally 'rally school' stage have multiple water crossings and it's natural (for me) to use the word "ford". I can add alternates to this so "water splash", "ford" and "water crossing" all mean the same thing but I'm reluctant to remove "ford".

I can hack around it in the code so if the parser completes its work and it's been unable to find a description for a corner direction, and the recognised text contains "right ford" / "left ford" or "ford right" / "ford left", then i can replace "ford" with "four" and re-run the parser. But this is very English specific and really nasty

Would it maybe be possible to add co-driver specific options so that you can for example choose which words you want for water crossing? In general I have never had my "four" being replaced by "Ford" so I don't mind it staying in as default.

Another note that I remember being used is "down" and "up". For example "100 down right 2" would mean that you are going 100 meters down a hill and probably need to brake earlier, same thing applies for "up" but I never actually used up since it usually works to just say "100 right 2 over crest" when it's a right 2 on top of a hill. But using down can be very helpful for example in places like Monte Carlo rallies where it's many downhill sections into hairpins where you need to brake WAY earlier into hairpins then if it's flat. I don't know the stage but there are some stages in the alps where it's "left 4 over crest 100 hairpin right" and you need to break before the "left 4" since it's a very steep hill so I would like to change that note to "left 4 over crest, down 100 hairpin right".

Maybe this is getting to a point where it's to much of my own personal notes but I would love to hear if it's used by others. I know down is being used plenty in rallies where the organizers hand out the notes and we don't do recce.

the speech recogniser is configurable - there's information about how to do this in the app's default version of the speech recogniser config, which is here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Britton IT Ltd\CrewChiefV4\speech_recognition_config.txt. The top of this file describes the process, it's pretty simple.

there's already "up hill" and "down hill" obstacle types, which might achieve what you want?

I have found a bug with the latest version of CC. Correction while in stage mode does not work any longer, it does not find which turn I want to be correction, in recce mode it works.

yes, I can see what the problem is here and i'll release a fix for it soon (or maybe a beta, depending on whether I can get time to test properly). While I can fix the main issue, I think the correction code needs to be reworked to fit better with the recent changes to make the recce parser more flexible

Found another "bug", or maybe it was intended. But when I use plus and minus in my calls it calls it before the note. For example I want a corner to be "Right 2 plus" and it would call it as "plus right 2". Is it possible to make the notes 1:1 so that it will always call it in the order that I'm saying then maybe it's more work for me but I will always get the notes as I like it.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast