Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: pit menu manager

Did some more tests, maybe that helps a bit..

Stockcar 2018: car has road and Wet tyres. everything working as expected
    Same with Eve F1: car has Bias-Ply and wet tyres: everything is working as expected
    Renault Megane: car has Dry and Wet tyres. Chief pitstop wet tyres leads to dry tyres
    McLaren M23: car has soft, hard an rain tyres. Soft, and hard are ok, Chief pitstop wet tyres leads to soft tyres
    Reiza´s Metalmoro MR18: car has Dry and Wet tyres. everything is working as expected

Thanks, that’s more cases I can add to the tests I’ve written. I’m thinking about the next version of the algorithm that converts soft/medium/hard/wet etc. into the tyre types in the the pit menu. Maybe I should use Machine Learning

No need for anything fancy, I'd just put a closing bracket on the wrong line All tests pass now, the next release will have the change.

A quick test with the Aston Martin GT 3 was a full success. I think you nailed it, Sir

Quote Originally Posted by Marko Helmet View Post
    Thanks. It basically scrolls through the various display panels until it reaches the pit menu then does some weird scrolling in the pit options. This is bad if you like it set to display a certain panel all the time, because you then have to scroll through them all manually again until you reach the one you want. Pretty annoying really, because it does this every time you leave the pit to enter the track.

Good to know it's being looked at though.
    EXACTLY!! I have the same problem, made a video showing exactly what happens, would love to share it, but I don't have the rights/permission to share a video link here.....

Didn't use to have this with my FANATEC CSL Elite, but when I switched to my Simucube 2 Pro + CubeControls FPRO wheel, it started to happen. And it only happens in RACE, not any other mode. Also, I have tried to remove all key assignments, and the problem still persists.

Quote Originally Posted by M_Battaglia View Post
    EXACTLY!! I have the same problem, made a video showing exactly what happens, would love to share it, but I don't have the rights/permission to share a video link here.....

Didn't use to have this with my FANATEC CSL Elite, but when I switched to my Simucube 2 Pro + CubeControls FPRO wheel, it started to happen. And it only happens in RACE, not any other mode. Also, I have tried to remove all key assignments, and the problem still persists.
    I'd forgotten all about this, not even sure how to test it again now haha

It's working as it's supposed to, the "weird scrolling" is CC finding out what menu options are available in the current car. Two things to note:
    1) Untick Enable rF2 auto clear tyre change to stop it doing on the start line (but then rFactor will change tyres when you pit)
    2) At the bottom of https://mr_belowski.gitlab.io/CrewCh...dsGrouped.html there is a list of commands to set which MFD is shown

Awesome stuff, this function.
    I can just report a car which freaks the CC with tyres selection: Vanwall Vandervell LMH.
    Unfortunately even "next compound" does not work with this car.

It is really well done little beast, reminds me Group C cars somehow.
    This car has weird tyre choice.

Soft cold
    Soft hot
    Medium
    Wet

What is interesting... "next tyre compound" does not do anything. CC confirms the choice, but it will not pick up next compound, it stays stucked on what it was originally.
    I had it with some other car too, I think it was Acura ARX-05 DPI.

And this car has:
    S7M - Soft
    S8M - Medium
    S9M - Hard
    P2M - Wet

(no big love for prototypes, LeMans whatever here, but I am trying to find some to excuse myself for getting LMU later when it comes out ).

By the way: is there a way I can map multiple buttons for "Talk to Crew chief" action? I use more wheels so I have to remap it every time I switch the wheel, but of course... sometimes I forgot to do it and then it is meeting the wall while trying to set up the car.
    And I still need to figure out how to change tyre pressures directly, without surfing the menu which is totally out of LOS.
    Last edited by GoobMB; 29-10-2023 at 10:07.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast