Thread: pit menu manager

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

pit menu manager

Hi all, let me start by saying I'm an old fart so if this is an obvious thing please forgive me. I see in the change notes that there has been a pit menu manager added to CC for rF2.
    Now for the question, can someone tell me what it does and how to work it please. I notice that since it's been in there, when I start my car in the garage the pit menu pops up and scrolls through every time. If someone can shed some light on this I'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

JT

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    The popup thing is so the app can work out what state the menu is in (what the layout is) so the app can interact with it.

The purpose of this is to allow voice commands to operate the pit menu, so you should be able to say stuff like "pitstop change right side tyres" and it should make the appropriate selections on the pit menu

Awesome stuff , so is it fully functional now or is there more stuff to come from S397 to make it work?
    If it's functional now, is there a dialogue list of requests that can be made?

Thanks again for your response.

JT

Edit: My bad I just found the dialogue list within the program.

You guys are absolute genius' truly the best plugin EVER.
    Last edited by JimmyT; 08-09-2020 at 11:18.

So how do you turn this functionality off please? I have the same "problem" where it scrolls through to my pit menu every time I enter the track. I thought CC was acting up or had a bug so I reinstalled v4.12.0.8 before I saw this thread. Spent hours tracking it down to CC and reinstalling stuff.

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    I don't play RF2 so don't know how much of a problem this brief scrolling is, but we'll tweak the behaviour for the next release to make the whole pit menu manager optional and / or restrict that scrolling process so it only does it when you first make a pit command.

In short, we're looking into it

Thanks. It basically scrolls through the various display panels until it reaches the pit menu then does some weird scrolling in the pit options. This is bad if you like it set to display a certain panel all the time, because you then have to scroll through them all manually again until you reach the one you want. Pretty annoying really, because it does this every time you leave the pit to enter the track.

Good to know it's being looked at though.