Thread: ACC GT3/GT4 support?

ACC GT3/GT4 support?

Hello - love Crew Chief, thank you for your hard work!

I noticed in an ACC race today that CC was treating all the cars like they were in the same class. Would it be possible to make CC distinguish between the two?

Thank you!

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    CC support for ACC has been put on hold due to ongoing issues with the ACC data. I'll have a quick look today - if it's straightforward i'll add something. If I remember correctly, the game doesn't expose and car class data so the only way to do this is to assume that the GT4 cars all have "GT4" in their car name. I'll hack something in for the next release but as I don't have any DLC, I won't be able to test it

OK, digging a little deeper I see why this isn't implemented in CrewChief. The game sends us the name of the player's car (so it's easy to get the class for that) but it only sends a model number for the opponent cars. There's supposed to be a way to map this number to an actual car model but I can find no documentation to define this mapping and it doesn't appear to follow any logical pattern (e.g. it's not based on the order the cars appear in the game UI or in the car model list the available documentation).

So without buying all the DLC and going through every car to extract the model number, there's no way to fix this.

I've asked for help on the forum and if someone provides the missing documentation I'll implement it. But to be blunt, it's *exactly* these kind of frustrations that made me give up with ACC in the first place. Their documentation is poor, the data is incomplete and scattered between shared memory and UDP, and it's a complete ballache to work with. Sorry fella

righty, managed to get hold of some data so the next release will split the ACC cars into their correct classes (GT3, GT4, Porsche Cup, Lamo Super Trofeo). I won't be able to test these but it should work

Quote Originally Posted by mr_belowski View Post
    righty, managed to get hold of some data so the next release will split the ACC cars into their correct classes (GT3, GT4, Porsche Cup, Lamo Super Trofeo). I won't be able to test these but it should work
    Awesome, thanks! Understand that there are real inconsistencies between the games and what they offer - appreciate the effort. Sent a donation as well.

I play iRacing much more than ACC - I'm just happy it works at all. Jim/Clare are very reassuring

thanks fella. Once the release is done i'll post in this thread asking you if it actually works :P

Quote Originally Posted by mr_belowski View Post
    thanks fella. Once the release is done i'll post in this thread asking you if it actually works :P
    My last race I did get "a faster class car is approaching" when I was in GT4 with GT3s passing me.

But it also told me I was in P1 when I was in P5. That's fine, that's what the standings are for

the car class stuff is messed up in the current CC release - there's a beta that fixes this here:

http://crewchief.isnais.de/CrewChief...3.1.4_beta.msi