Thread: Error Report for Crew Chief Team

Error Report for Crew Chief Team

Yesterday I did a full wipe and reinstall of my OS and installed Crew Chief. As I attempt to launch it, it fails immediately, and I receive the following error message. It has never successfully launched, and I did try uninstalling/reinstalling it only to have the same results.

Error message: The type initializer for 'CrewChiefV4.Audio.AudioPlayer' threw an exception.
    Stack trace: at CrewChiefV4.MainWindow..ctor() in C:\projects\crewchief_c_sharp\CrewChiefV4\CrewChie fV4\UserInterface\MainWindow.cs:line 1222
    at CrewChiefV4.Program.Main() in C:\projects\crewchief_c_sharp\CrewChiefV4\CrewChie fV4\Program.cs:line 130

Inner exception 0 message: Could not load file or assembly 'NAudio.WinMM, Version=2.0.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=e279aa5131008a41' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
    Inner exception 0 stack trace: at CrewChiefV4.Audio.AudioPlayer..cctor()

In case you need software/hardware specs:
    Version: 10.0.22000 Build 22000 (all drivers updated)
    Audio Hardware: S.M.S.L m500 Dac
    Audio Software: XMOS USB DAC Driver
    Audio Format: 32-bit 384,000Hz

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    Uninstall the app and re-download it from the link on the forum - https://thecrewchief.org/forumdispla...wChief-for-PC&

I pushed a version that was missing some dependencies and it crashes before the auto-updater can launch

Thank you, that fixed it!

I have uninstalled Crew Chief and am trying to download it now. It's not downloading and I get this message msg isn't commonly downloaded are you sure you CrewChief V4 (1) mai before you open it.

Sorry the message is msi before you open it.

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    it's just a warning isn't it?

I was able to download if using Firefox the Microsoft browser was blocking it as a unsafe download.