Thread: Pit Stop Position Prediction

Pit Stop Position Prediction

Howdy ya'll,

Brand new to Crew Chief. Plan to use it mostly for Team/Endurance racing in iRacing.

I'm a bit confused about the "Pit Stop Position Prediction" function.

First, what exactly does it tell me? The position in my class when I exit the pits? The amount of traffic I'll experience?

Second, what is meant in the instructions by "Do some hot laps to get a baseline laptime, then issue this ("time this stop" command?) after your 'box this lap' command. If I understand this correctly, I would put down some race-pace laps, then tell the system "box this lap" then "time this stop", right?

Third, I don't really understand when to do the above procedure. The instructions say I can do it in a practice session and it will use that delta to predict in the race. I assume that must be an official iRacing practice session? And the "practice" session must be attached to the race session? Meaning I can't go into an official practice session, set the delta, exit the practice session, enter a race session, and have that delta applied?

THANKS!!

Hi Billy Bob .

Did you ever get a reply to this? Also curious how it works. Assuming it need to be the same Practice/Qualifying/Race server although there is an option in the setting to "Save pit stop benchmark times to disk". I'm hoping that then save the latest benchmark per track that you can then later recall. If not then the function is pretty much dead for official iRacing servers as they only give you a couple of minutes practice which is not long enough to do a benchmark and you can't do it in qualifying.

Can anyone else comment that may use this feature more?

It can also be done in unattached practice, get on a flying laps with low fuel and have the amount of fuel needed to finish checked for refueling, issue the "time this stop" command do the pitstop + 1 lap and it should save the file for later use, the estimate is based on carclass/track and not car model so all cars in given class will be using the same benchmark stop time.

Thanks for the reply. When you say +1 lap you mean issue the command and continue to do another flying lap then pit? Was hoping you could do it in an unattached practice. The voice command "time this stop" is that the same as the assignable Pit stop prediction function?

Sorry re read your comment. You meant follow up the pitstop with a lap after pitting yeah?

Yep needs to run at least until CrewChief sector 2 (different from iracing sectors) after pitstop for it to be a valid.