Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Crew Chief Doesn't Hear My Commands

Quote Originally Posted by SloweyGonzalez View Post
    Sparten got me sorted out on Discord. In case anyone else stumbles across this thread with the same problem:

Right click speaker in system tray
    Open sound settings
    open input (mic) device properties
    click "additional device properties" (right side, under "Related Settings")
    Open "advanced" tab in the new window
    uncheck "allow applications to take exclusive control of this device"
    I been having the same problems since a couple of days ago, mid session CC just stops listening to me, I checked my settings and I got that unchecked already. I either have to restart cc in order to listen to me again, teh problem is there is no shortcut for that
    any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by SloweyGonzalez View Post
    Sparten got me sorted out on Discord. In case anyone else stumbles across this thread with the same problem:

Right click speaker in system tray
    Open sound settings
    open input (mic) device properties
    click "additional device properties" (right side, under "Related Settings")
    Open "advanced" tab in the new window
    uncheck "allow applications to take exclusive control of this device"
    I have tried this and still no joy

I have noticed if windows changes (Yes has done this many times to me) the Mic boost or volume it could be overloading the Input causing crew chief to not understand. Try asking can you hear me really soft (Almost a Wisper) I have had this happen to me probably every 3rd time I am on iRacing. just for reference with my Wired Headset (Sennheiser fairly old) I have the boost set at +20 and the mic volume at 55% it seems low in other apps but is the setting i get the best results from CC with. As soon as I get the response Did not catch that etc. I try asking can you hear me in a loud voice as well as soft as I mentioned and usually by the 3rd attempt CC acknowledges me

I hope this helps as I find CC to be a very useful app that now I feel really funny running if i forget to start it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234