PDA

View Full Version : CrewChief Suspected of causing Windows 7 Freezes

Werty
24-12-2018, 00:01
I've been noticing an issue with my computer lately. At times, it'll freeze randomly and the only solution is to hard restart the computer. In event viewer, under the systems section, I've noticed a couple of recurring errors, posted below.

EventID 1014: Name resolution for the name wpad.Router timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

EventID 7001: The HomeGroup Provider service depends on the Function Discovery Resource Publication service which failed to start because of the following error:
%%-2147024864

EventID 7023: The Function Discovery Resource Publication service terminated with the following error:
%%-2147024864

I only started noticing this after the most recent update to CC which is why I believe it might be the issue. I can try and provide more information as necessary, but I just uninstalled it tonight to avoid the problem entirely.

mr_belowski
24-12-2018, 10:54
None of these errors is related to crew chief, I think you're looking in the wrong place for your issue. It sounds like a hardware problem - maybe a failing hard disk