PDA

View Full Version : Using a Butt Kicker and Oculus VR in Iracing

Craig Harris
17-11-2018, 10:34
Hi, i recently downloaded Crew Chief and using it in Iracing only (which is a great piece of software BTW) through my Oculus Rift .

i have also added a Butt kicker to my rig 2 weeks ago.

The problem i have now is when i speak to my Crew Chief and he speaks back, It plays through the Butt Kicker and not through the Oculus headset, so i cant hear what he is saying to me.

My Butt Kicker is plugged into the Main Speaker port on back of PC and set a my main output in Windows and is mirroring that audio channel through the Oculus headset.

Is there anyway to set the App (crew Chief) to output the Audio to the headset rather than the jack plug which the butt Kicker is in ?, Even thought isn't set as my Primary output for Windows.

When i use the Defalt spotter in IRacing he plays through my Oculus headset and not through the Butt Kicker.

P.S i'm no PC Expert.

Thanks in return Craig.

AcidByte
17-11-2018, 10:35
You need to set the naudio option in the properties to select the sound card in crew chief

Craig Harris
17-11-2018, 11:18
You need to set the naudio option in the properties to select the sound card in crew chief

Thx mate, i will try this tomorrow, if i get chance.

mr_belowski
17-11-2018, 14:27
In recent versions of Windows 10 you can also change the audio device an app sends its sounds to - can't remember the details but it's very easy. Probably worth trying this before switching to nAudio (which can be quite buggy and unstable)

Randy1
19-11-2018, 15:49
Yes you can hear rift sound through rift earphones and send the signal through a sound card or mother board outlet but in this case. CrewChief uses w10 sound default setting. Now if you oculus software to allow an external source then it will duplicate what ever you hear on rift.

To make butt kicker work right you need another program to process the iracing signal if I remember right. I tried buttkicker without any external program and it worked but not very effective. I might add you can try the sound system woofer outlet.

Try the Iracing forum and do a search on VR Buttkicker

Craig Harris
30-11-2018, 22:10
Hi Mr Belowski, i have tried the above that you mentioned, but it it still playing through Butt Kicker. if i start a you tube video and default it to go through Rift it works fine and plays the video through Rift. Any Ideas?

Randy1
01-12-2018, 10:57
Hi Mr Belowski, i have tried the above that you mentioned, but it it still playing through Butt Kicker. if i start a you tube video and default it to go through Rift it works fine and plays the video through Rift. Any Ideas?
In Iracing do you just use the sound to feed the butt kicker or do you feed it through another program like SimVibe? Another question. Do you use external speakers for iracing sounds or just the rift?

Craig Harris
01-12-2018, 16:25
Hi Randy, i just use the sound through my Butt Kicker and through the Rift headset. Secondly, i dont use any speakers at the minute mate. The crew chief program was working fine until i Plugged in the Butt Kicker. the program still works, but crew chief comes through the butt kicker , all the game sound still comes through my Rift headset. Thanks for trying to help.

Seven Smiles
01-12-2018, 17:37
There must be a joke here about talking out of your arse... :rolleyes:

Randy1
01-12-2018, 19:11
Craig, when I tried Butt Kicker, I never got a much of a response from the kicker. I was told on iracing forum you needed a third party program to process the movement output from iracing and feed that to the butt-kicker. The reason is the sound from iracing just does not represent the true output a butt kicker needs.

See if this helps.
Set rift on windows as the default for the mic and playback. Now CC should talk to you on the rift. Make sure Iracing mic and sound are going to the rift. Make sure you have selected no spotter in iracing.
Now go to rift setting I think is where it is at and check for the rift to duplicate sounds.
Now try using the subwolfer out let for the butt kicker.
See how that works.

Randy1
02-12-2018, 11:47
Craig, I forgot about this iracing thread.

http://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts/list/1842630.page

Shaunw60
14-12-2018, 11:14
Craig

You need to run the Buttkicker using SimCommander and a dedicated sound card. SimCommander will take care of sending the telemetry data signals to the Buttkicker. I use BT headphones for sim audio instaed of the Oculus ear pieces. Hope that helps.