PDA

View Full Version : CrewChief occasionaly crashes while using voice recognition

MaXyM
13-05-2018, 16:23
Recently t CC just closed immediately while asked for fuel to the end of race. It didn't understood me a few times and then just left ;)
I have crash report but no crash dump. So nothing really helpful.
However if I could help in any way, feel free to ask.

The Iron Wolf
13-05-2018, 17:09
Recently t CC just closed immediately while asked for fuel to the end of race. It didn't understood me a few times and then just left ;)
I have crash report but no crash dump. So nothing really helpful.
However if I could help in any way, feel free to ask.
What game, what session? Could you please check your event log for application crash info? Are you using nAudio for audio input?

MaXyM
13-05-2018, 17:20
Ahhh sorry.
game: Project Cars 2.
session: Race (with AI). BTW CC still doesn't provide info about fuel consumption on Private Practice. It would be very helpful at least for me.
Yes, I'm using nAudio for input (only)

There are records in event logs. I'm putting translation next to localized (original) version:

Aplikace (Application): CrewChiefV4.exe
Verze Framework (Framework Version): v4.0.30319
Popis: Proces byl ukon?en z d?vodu neošet?ené výjimky. (Description: Process has been ended due to uncaught exception)
Informace o výjimce (Excepton information): System.InvalidOperationException
at Microsoft.Speech.Recognition.RecognizerBase.Recogn izeAsync(Microsoft.Speech.Recognition.RecognizeMod e)
at CrewChiefV4.MainWindow.listenForChannelOpen()
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(Syst em.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threa ding.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threa ding.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

The Iron Wolf
13-05-2018, 17:35
Thanks for this info. Please note that nAudio stuff is not very well tested and is more resource hungry compared to default audio path, so meanwhile try switching back to default to see if crashes go away.

MaXyM
13-05-2018, 20:02
Thank you. I'll try definitely.
I went for nAudio because of initial problems with speech recognition. Since I have more input devices I wanted to be sure about which is being used by CC. Them I left the last working settings active.

The Iron Wolf
13-05-2018, 22:10
Thank you. I'll try definitely.
I went for nAudio because of initial problems with speech recognition. Since I have more input devices I wanted to be sure about which is being used by CC. Them I left the last working settings active.
Default audio path uses default input device (in windows sound panel). We shouldn't crash though, so thanks for reporting this.