PDA

View Full Version : Wrong track temperature in Celsius

Rasmus
15-01-2018, 02:04
When joining a session in iRacing the track temp reported in Celsius is incorrect. It is reported higher than the actual track temp. (Checked today on Daytona, if that makes a difference)

Thanks for an awesome app!

Sparten
15-01-2018, 12:26
Then the game is supplying wrong information tru the SDK as the values we use for temp's are taken directly from the SDK. if i'm not mistaken the temperature on the session info screen is a static temperature from when the session was startet, The one we are using is dynamic.
But i'll take a closer look at the data incase i did something wrong, might be able to use a different variable that's based on the temp around the track and not at the start/finish line.

PS. Kørte du Roar before the 24 ?

mr_belowski
15-01-2018, 12:50
iRacing SDK isn't doing something stupid like reporting the temperature in some random dozy American unit?

Sparten
15-01-2018, 14:34
Ive done some investigation on the matter, the temp you see on the info screen is seems static and matches the "Temperature of track measured by crew around track"(SDK documentation) this one never seems to change, while the temp we announce is dynamic and is measured at the start/finish line, and is changing doing a session.

Rasmus
16-01-2018, 01:45
Oh damn. Sorry for wasting your time then. I actually did consider it, but it threw me off that the temp was always higher. But I am a dumbass. My buddy just pointed out to me that both the sun and the cars will heat up the track, which is why it always get warmer when the session has been running for a while.

Thanks for looking into it! It is really great that the crew chief is more accurate than the regular info. Now I can actually gage the temp properly, and won't get surprised if I'm a bit slower when the track has heated up more than usual.

PS @ Sparten: Heeey :D. Overvejede det, men besluttede mig for at blive i GT3 og træne til D24 i stedet. Flere fra vores hold kørte, men jeg er for nyligt skiftet til GT3 så brugte tiden til at få noget ekstra øvelse. Jeg skal ikke være ham der kører galt i et 24 timers løb :P ... Lad mig også lige gentage: Hvor er det bare en sindsygt fed app!

mr_belowski
16-01-2018, 06:27
It wasn't a waste of time at all - we found and fixed some related bugs while we were digging around in that part of the code :)

Manning
24-03-2019, 20:09
Can we ask the CrewChief for track temps during the race? Or does he just give us that info randomly?

mr_belowski
24-03-2019, 21:55
you can ask "what's the air temperature" and "what's the track temperature". The app will report it if it has the data

Manning
25-03-2019, 19:06
you can ask "what's the air temperature" and "what's the track temperature". The app will report it if it has the data

Thanks, that makes sense, I just did not see it on the list of understood commands.

Don
02-06-2019, 01:10
Is it possible to have crew chief report temps in Fahrenheit instead of Celsius?

mr_belowski
02-06-2019, 07:52
Yes, there's an option for that. Can't remember the name but try searching for fahrenheit

Don
02-06-2019, 09:49
Orginally posted by CRReid: You can change the units to US units under Properties. Select "Fuel reports in gallons". Also "Use Fahrenheit for temps"

James_e_Vining
29-07-2019, 10:04
Now iRacing must of changed the temperature from Static to Dynamic with the Dynamic track and sky Weather updates as I have watched the temp change prior qualifying. Matter of fact the POCONO race I did a hour or so ago the (Jim) reported 3 times about temp change 1 was it dropped then like 5 laps later it went u and last it dropped again and it was quite cloudy I noticed during the race.